Some Bullets

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveJ

SteveJ

Two real bullets, from Sylvanite.
Two "kit" bullets, from Berea Hardwoods via Exotics.

Antler on a 30-06
Cocobolo on a 270

Redwood burl and Padauk on the kits.

C&C welcome.

Steve

Attachments

• Antler Cartridge (Small).jpg
    Antler Cartridge (Small).jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 211
  • Cocobolo Cartridge (Small).jpg
    Cocobolo Cartridge (Small).jpg
    62 KB · Views: 187
  • Redwood Burl Cartridge (Small).jpg
    Redwood Burl Cartridge (Small).jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 173
  • Padauk Cartridge (Small).jpg
    Padauk Cartridge (Small).jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 173
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Erik831

I got the real ones from Sylvanite (Eric Rasmussen) and he coats them with a gloss clear powder coat - something I am not set up to do.

Did you sand the cartridge? I've done only two bullet pens from real cartridges and I wet sanded the cartridges with MM , I don't know if you're suppose to do that ??? They look shiny though .

SteveJ

I didn't do anything to the cartridge at all. They are very shiny with a very smooth finish. By the way, Exotics also carries the 30-06 kits. I purchased from Eric because he had the caliber I needed. (I know the 270 and the 30-06 are the same - in the picture there is one of each - but I had a specific order for a 270.)

Steve

Sylvanite

I know the 270 and the 30-06 are the same - in the picture there is one of each - but I had a specific order for a 270.Steve

The pens look great, Steve. The difference between 270 Winchester and 30-06 Springfield is the bullet diameter. 270 Win uses a 0.277" diameter bullet whereas 30-06 Sprg uses 0.308".

Oh, and by the way, it looks like you have the antler upper barrel on the 270 Win cartridge, and the cocobolo on the 30-06.

Regards,
Eric

Tanner

These look great! I have made some from Sylvsnite too. The kit ones look good too, but are very shiny which makes them look fake. A real hunter can tell right away which is fake and which is real. You did a nice job on all of them!

Top Bottom