Solid Ended Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I thought I might show some solid ended pens I made today. These are fun, I use a pin chuck and shape the solids as I see my way though some designs.

I’ll call this one my Sunday Masters Pen, today Phil Mickelson won the Masters and as a fellow Leftie Golfer it was a pleasure to see him win. So this green pen is in fashion today

20064101815_IMG_4929.jpg

The Lucite is a Chocolate Mint from Pipe Makers Emporium, the hardware used is a platinum Gentlemen’s kit from Craft Supply. The pen is finished with Ablaron and Micromesh, then a plastic swirl remover.

20064101843_IMG_4931.jpg

This is a remake of a pen I made awhile ago, it was a double solid end pen but one end met with an accident, so I tried to salvage the pen by using a solid platinum end from a Jr. gentlemen’s kit.

2006410198_IMG_4928.jpg

The celluloid is a red crimson from Craft Supply USA, it was finished with Ablaron and Micromesh, then a plastic swirl remover.

20064101932_IMG_4926.jpg

These were fun to make, working with pin chucks gives you a real chance to create unique one of a kind pens…..one warning…it’s addictive!

A special Thanks to Fanger, your pin chucks are excellent to work with, Thank You!

Thanks for viewing,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

The chocolate mint pen actually made me salivate (guess it is time for a snack.) It is a beautiful pen!

Would never have guessed the red was a salvage - very nice work.

Is it difficult to turn the celluloid "end grain"?

OSCAR15

I have always prefered wood, but these are the beautiful acrylics. I'd be proud to have turned them, or own them. Excellent! and very classy examples....Oscar

Jim,
Nice looking stuff. I tend to keep or redo the no clip and no post pens as they tend to stay in my collection. I guess people in my area still want a pen that clips in their pocket. I would love to do more like these as they are beautifully done, but I can only keep so many pens.

Deere41h

Jim...Nice work. The Chocolate Mint is my favorite. I really like that material. I think it makes for a great looking pen and you have proven that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom