Solid Body Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Vern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vern

Yup...another baron! Black Ti (sounds so formal :D)this time. The wood's from BB, the year round Santa, mesquite burl. I just wish that the photographer could do this wood justice, it's got amazing depth. Left the extra rings off on the cap, going for the minimalist look.

200511161810_blktibaronrb.jpg

Thanks for lookin'

Vern

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Great job Vern, really like the minimal look. That's another great feature to this kit, the parts are all seperated. I like the how you shorten the trim ring as well. The the burl still looks fanstastic in the photo. Anthony

PS I just lost a yellow spotted birch, I was going to do in the black ti, hit a glitch and blew out the wood. Oh well, maybe I'll look at my mesquite!

woodpens

Vern,
How long have you been turning pens? We are seeing pens along this line in the Pen Makers Guild. Beautiful job with the modifications. Nice selection of kit and wood. I wouldn't change a thing!

PenWorks

Vern, I was trying to figure out the end of the pen barrel. Is it just the turned end of the mesquite or is there a cap on the end? I can't tell. Also, how long is the wood barrel only? Thanks, Anthony

Vern

I was trying to figure out the end of the pen barrel. Is it just the turned end of the mesquite or is there a cap on the end? I can't tell. Also, how long is the wood barrel only?

Anthony, it's just turned in one chunk. I used the article by D.W. as a springboard to get started w/ the solid body pens.

http://www.penturners.org/content/SolidBodyEuroFP.pdf

As to the length, the wood portion of the barrel is 3.050"

Shoot me an email if ya have any questions.

Jim, I've only been messing with the pens and wood in general for a few months... been working with machine tools(metal) and building everything from salt flats racers to high end custom bicycles for all of my (so called) adult life. I've never before built anything that I could start and actually complete in one day or even a couple hours. It's a good feeling!

thanks to all for the positive comments!

Vern

jkirkb94

Fantastic looking pen, Vern! You answered my question on how you turned a solid body[:)] I starting to feel like the only one who hasn't turned a Baron. Did get mine in today but the pen will have to wait till at least tomorrow. Kirk[8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom