Sold my FIRST pens today!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wiset1

wiset1

We had a small art festival today to show off artists in our military community and I ended up selling two pens and made $370 off the deal. I figured I would start high and let them talk me down, but they paid the asking price.

5193077708_33dcd2e4db.jpg

This one Sold for $250

5189993853_db019aa7eb.jpg

This one SOLD for $120

While I'm sad to see the pens go I was happy to see a sale after a day of sitting around. My question to the IAP is...did these go for a good price or could I have fetched more for the pens? Just wondering...Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

Those are gorgeous pens! I'd say the first one went for a nice price. The second one, with a beautiful piece of timber, could have gone for a bit more, but was still a respectable sale.

Congratulations! Most of us here sold our first pens for considerably less. Well done.:)

wiset1

Here's a picture of my little booth. I brought some of my paintings as well to show off, but none of those sold. Oh well, I was happy to see the pens move.

1_WiseShow.jpg

wizard

Tim, Those are beautiful pens!!!!! Love your booth..You are truly an artist in broadest sense of the word. Congratulations on your sale! Regards, Doc

wiset1

Thanks again Doc, I have a very understanding family who allows me to spend time doing what I love. It's better to have a hobby when my mid life crisis hits I guess, ha ha ha. Couple more years to go before that happens though, ha ha ha

latelearner

Congratulations on your first sale. Those were two gorgeous pens. I know nothing about art, but I think your pictures looked very good also. I hope you have continued success.

wiset1

Thank you Bob. I just used the table and chairs already in place so it was nice that I didn't have to bring anything. It all fell into place I guess

wiset1

Thank you Jim. I figure I'll have to cast another bill like the one that sold. I guess that's how the cycle works

wiset1

Not exactly gready, just missing the pen already. It was the first cast I made that actually turned out without issues. I was thinking about making one to keep

Padre

Really nice pens. What did you use for the blank on the first one? That is super cool.

I agree with the other comments that your work is exquisite, and that your pens could have sold for more!

Congratulations Tim!
Awesome pens and a great sale!

Love the artwork too!!

That is a nice boost to what we all already say about your work here!

Andrew

wiset1

Thank you Andrew! Not sure my ego can take any more so you'll need to say that my stuff looks like garbage from time to time, ha ha ha.

Chip, the first pen is a casting I did of a 1899 $5.00 Cilver Certificate (Replica) of Chief Onapapa. The kit used was the Majestic Fountain from PSI.

Thank you again for the feedback everyone. I've very pleased that I was able to provide a product which may be in someones family for a long time now.

seamus7227

Tim- it all sucks, horrible work.:eek:LOL

But i would be wrong for saying that and also be a liar! Great job! It is an indescribable feeling knowing that someone was willing to pay your asking price! There are some people out there that understand and appreciate art in its true form and will pay whatever the price. The sky is the limit!!

OKLAHOMAN

Tim, both pens are outstanding and your paintings speak to anyone who cares to listen.The lady in red is beautiful. I actually think the pens could have brought more but being I'm not familiar with the venue the prices might have been good for the area.

ctubbs

Wonderful booth. The combo of two types of art go well together. The paintings express your talents and the pens extend them. Great work and congratulations on the sale. My first wale was not anywhere close to yours, but the pen didn't look anything like yours either.
Charels

wiset1

I want to extend my sincere appreciation to everyone who left feedback in regards to my first sale. This was a special moment for me which I'm sure you have all experienced time and time again. Knowing that a customer felt compelled to own a craft that I made with my own hands is extremely gratifying.

The venue was more about photography and paintings so bringing the pens and showing them as a craft kind of blew some minds. Nobody really thought of showing pens like this as art and the other artists were the ones asking most of the questions. It kind of made the pens a novelty and as such they stood out as being unique.

I would also like to say "Thank You" for the kind words regarding my paintings. I've only been painting for about a year now and these are from a University of Maryland class I'm taking. It's just one way to keep busy and out of trouble I guess. It's something that my wife and son do as well so it's great fun that the family can do together.

Thank you EVERYONE

robutacion

Well, well, I can recognise class and style when I see, your work has a great "finesse" and you certainly have a good taste on putting thing together.

Talent is something that "one" is born or not with so, enjoy the trip...!:wink:

Cheers
George

wiset1

Thank you kindly George! I just hope I can keep up the quality of work while learning the craft. My next step is working on a couple of custom wood blanks with accents of metal.

Thank you for your feedback as well John. Feedback like this drives me to keep the standard.

Drstrangefart

I want to extend my sincere appreciation to everyone who left feedback in regards to my first sale. This was a special moment for me which I'm sure you have all experienced time and time again. Knowing that a customer felt compelled to own a craft that I made with my own hands is extremely gratifying.

The venue was more about photography and paintings so bringing the pens and showing them as a craft kind of blew some minds. Nobody really thought of showing pens like this as art and the other artists were the ones asking most of the questions. It kind of made the pens a novelty and as such they stood out as being unique.

I would also like to say "Thank You" for the kind words regarding my paintings. I've only been painting for about a year now and these are from a University of Maryland class I'm taking. It's just one way to keep busy and out of trouble I guess. It's something that my wife and son do as well so it's great fun that the family can do together.

Thank you EVERYONE

That's after only a year of working on learning the painting? Impressive. Looks like you have the fundamentals locked down. Good looking work. I got into pen turning because my dad found it and showed me. All we ever do when we hang out is make stuff anymore.

wiset1

Allan, I can only hope that when my son grows up that we'll still be able to find the time to make things together. I grew up wishing I could spend more time with my father who was a Marine and now that I'm in the service myself it has been close to 17 years since I've done anything with him. In a couple months the family and I will be heading back to the U.S. so I hope to recapture that lost time. Best wishes and all my best

Drstrangefart

Allan, I can only hope that when my son grows up that we'll still be able to find the time to make things together. I grew up wishing I could spend more time with my father who was a Marine and now that I'm in the service myself it has been close to 17 years since I've done anything with him. In a couple months the family and I will be heading back to the U.S. so I hope to recapture that lost time. Best wishes and all my best

I'm 30 now, and I'm only just beginning to get back into stuff Dad's interested in. It's a kinda rocky road, but it usually works itself out. I wish we would have found this sooner, but it's cool. It happened when it needed to. Now I have to wait for my kids to get old enough to set 'em up in the shop and see how they like it. I bet they'd still rather hang out with their grandpa, though. Welcome home in advance!

wiset1

Make the best of it Allen. I'm 37 and my son is 5 so I'm more or less in the same boat. Cherish the times we have and hope we can remember them when we get old ;-)

Top Bottom