Soft Grip & Zebrawood Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Band Saw Box

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Hello All
Evelyn wanted a soft grip pen but not for a standard kit. Her idea was to modify a kit by putting a soft grip you get at the dollar store. Here is the finished soft grip cigar pen. This is my first try at removing wood down to the tube and adding something different. I use my PST pen genie I think it would have been easier if I had a parting tool to cut in were I wanted the wood to stop and the grip to start. The other pen is a cigar from Zebrawood. As always any and all comments are welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

At least the 'see-through' of the gel stuff with the brass tube accents the timber and hardware...good thinking!

That zebrawood probably had a bit of odor(I got one of them hot one time during the drilling, and I'm not allowed to do that anymore).... But the stuff looks great!!

Scott (lookin' good from my seat) B

OZturner

Great Pens, Dan
Nice to see Evelyn supporting you with requests, and Christmas Components,
I normally get something like, "Dust yourself off before you come in here", or "Do you really need that".
Congratulations,
Brian.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I have a request for another one for one of Evelyn's co-workers. William I used 3 coats of Hut's Crystal Coat.

Top Bottom