Snuck out for an hour or two...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

As many of you know I have very little spare time these days with our newest addition to our family. Well I was able to sneak back in the shop for a bit and turn a pen yesterday. Had to wait till today to take the photos :rolleyes:

The blank is one of mine from a while back. It was just a half size blank from a leftover pour. Seeing Scott's black and white pen the other day (VERY cool btw!) made me choose it to see what I had underneath the surface. I think it came out pretty cool so I put it together with a Black Ti/Chrome Aero. No reverse painting needed on this one. Hope yall like it. Thanks for looking! Comments/critiques/etc. always welcomed.

DSC01746618x700.jpg
DSC01749613x700.jpg
DSC01754518x700.jpg
DSC01756563x700.jpg

A couple closeups:

DSC01752700x695.jpg
DSC01757700x698.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Now I'm gonna be spending my spare time turning these pen swirlie blank everyway I can imagine to see if there are any faces in them...

Looks pretty cool, and I agree with the no reverse painting needed. Coloring of the resin is 'thick' enough not to let the tube show through. Like the swirls on this blank, looks a little more 'twirled with the wire' to give more horizonal twist.

Scott (the casting dept gives you a thumbs up from here) B

PTownSubbie

EXCELLENT color seperation! You must have waited forever to pour that one!! LOL!

Always nice to see your pens Jonathon! Hopefully you will continue to get some hours here and there!

Justturnin

I guess it's ok considering it was just some leftovers poured:confused::confused:
Everytime I try to pour and think I have a nice one I come on here and see someones leftovers that are better, I feel so defeated:frown::frown:

hahaha, kidding Jonathan, glad you got some shop time and the pen in nothing less than I would expect from you, nice work.

Brooks803

Purdy! Thought of you tonight as I turned one of your pink/white.

Thanks Eric! So how'd the pink/white turn out for ya? Good I hope!

Like the swirls on this blank, looks a little more 'twirled with the wire' to give more horizonal twist.

Scott (the casting dept gives you a thumbs up from here) B

Thank's Scott. Your recent post is what got me to pick this one out to turn. No wire though, I tried something a bit different with how I poured it. We'll have to see if I can duplicate it or not bc I do like how it came out.

It's hard to believe that blank was just "lying" around. Great looking pen. Nice match up with the plating. It's a keeper for sure.

Lol...Thanks Cris. Yeah it was lying in a bin with a couple dozen other half blanks from extra resin. One day I'll give them all a spin.

I guess it's ok considering it was just some leftovers poured:confused::confused:
Everytime I try to pour and think I have a nice one I come on here and see someones leftovers that are better, I feel so defeated:frown::frown:

hahaha, kidding Jonathan, glad you got some shop time and the pen in nothing less than I would expect from you, nice work.

Yeah who knew leftovers could be so tasty! :tongue: They don't all end up this nice though. I threw a couple in the trash after turning them down a bit. Just not what I was looking for. Hang in there Chris. After seeing your recent castings I wouldn't mind a few of those leftovers!

Hey Jonathon, I'll trade you my left over pours for yours.

Oh yea? With the way you're casting these days I better take you up on that! Oh, and I had my 2nd injection last Fri....:frown: Nothin!

Top Bottom