Snow White

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jttheclockman

jttheclockman

This is one of the whitest blanks I have seen and has a pearled look to it. I really like this blank alot. Here is a cigar and a Jr Statesman with the material. Thanks for looking and as always any comments or questions are always welcomed.

whitepen.jpg

whiteJrStatesman.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

John, both are outstanding. That's the first Ultra Cigar that I've liked and the Jr. Statesman and that blank are a marriage if ever I've seen one.

jttheclockman

excellent. where did you find that blank??

OK I get to try out the multi quoting thing that Roy told me how to do. Looks like it might work. Thanks Roy.

Mark I got this blank from Woodcraft on my last order from them and it is actually called Snow. Someone here had used it awhile ago and I asked about it then.

Just more proof that some blanks go great with certain platings! I like them both.

You're not planning on selling that Jr Statesman as a Jr Gent are you?

George, you caught me. I knew eventually I was going to do that one of these days and yes you are right it is a Jr Statesman. After awhile all these kits look the same and you forget the names. Hope I did not confuse anyone except myself. My apologies.

They look great!!

Is that white pearlex inside the blank?

This is a store bought blank so I do not know what is in there. Awhile back I had made some blanks with white PearlX and they turned out OK but these are so much nicer.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

jttheclockman

My quest to find a matching black pearled blank still goes on. I ask anyone if you have source for such a blank please let me know. I have a customer who want a couple top end kits in a white and black. I found the white and need a black. The blanks that used to be called ice were close. Thanks.

dntrost

My quest to find a matching black pearled blank still goes on. I ask anyone if you have source for such a blank please let me know. I have a customer who want a couple top end kits in a white and black. I found the white and need a black. The blanks that used to be called ice were close. Thanks.

I bought a black from Ed & Dawn that was pure black I made a wedding set and it turned out great. Used alt Ivory and Black... Hope this helps

PS Those are fantastic pens!

jttheclockman

I bought a black from Ed & Dawn that was pure black I made a wedding set and it turned out great. Used alt Ivory and Black... Hope this helps

PS Those are fantastic pens!

I talked to Ed already and he knows what I am looking for. No I am not looking for an all black. That I have. I was even sent a sample blank by a member here who is making pearlized blanks but it does not match the look of the white. I will continue to search and I told my customer it may or may not happen.

Lenny

Did you paint the tubes/blank or use a nickel tube?

Again, I really like the ultra kit much better the way you have swapped (matched) the plating. Very nice!

jttheclockman

Did you paint the tubes/blank or use a nickel tube?

Again, I really like the ultra kit much better the way you have swapped (matched) the plating. Very nice!

Lenny I was so worried about this kit being translucent that I used white tubes, painted the inside of the blank and also tined the epoxy white. I wanted a white blank and got it. I agree with swapping the kits to make a better looking kit. Thanks for the kind words.

JohnU

Im currently working on a wedding set with that white blank and a black pearl from exoticblanks.com Thats the closest Ive ever seen to a matching black.

Whaler

That is beautiful. One of the nicest whites I have seen.

John

Be sure to post a photo when done. Like to see the black closely.

Here is one that I recently completed using Ed and Dawns Black Pearl PR.

Attachments

• BlackPearl.jpg
    BlackPearl.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Lenny

Lenny I was so worried about this kit being translucent that I used white tubes, painted the inside of the blank and also tined the epoxy white. I wanted a white blank and got it. I agree with swapping the kits to make a better looking kit. Thanks for the kind words.

I think using the white tubes is a great idea. I had trouble with the first acrylic type pen I made, also white, where the paint scraped off enough at the nib end during assembly to show thru! :redface:
Was never sure if it was the way I painted it or what ... but now I plan to use the special tubes whenever I can (think ahead), to avoid trouble.

That pen is a beauty!

Top Bottom