Sneezewood Vertex Rollerball with Gun Metal Plating By Heartwoodturning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Heartwoodturning

1_sneezwoodvertexrollerballniboncap.jpg

1_sneezewoodvertexrollerballwithlidon.jpg

1_Sneezewoodvertexrollerballbarrel.jpg

I make pens everyday. I enjoy it so much it is my full time job now as well as my hobby. Every so often I make one which I fall in love with. I gave this one to Graham who owns one of the shops who stocks my work.

This is my third completed Vertex rollerball pen. I made the other two out of Welsh Cherry and English Walnut.

I am not very good at taking photo's and the light in and around my house is bad so you will have to forgive any picture quality issues.

I really like the way the gun metal plating goes with the colour of the Sneezewood. Sneezewood is my favourite wood to work. It is the colour of gold and is very user friendly. It can have a hologram like effect when the light is catching it. It is nearly impossible to source in the uk. I look on the internet most days trying to find more. If anybody has any for sale please pm me. I don't care how much the postage is - I just want more Sneezewood as I am beginning to get very low on stock.

The clue is in the name with this wood. If you work it on a lathe without a mask you start to sneeze. After this your nose starts to produce an impossible amount of mucus and the sneezing gets worse. Then your eyes start to run and you look like you have been crying. Some people get a headache after this stage. I tried it one time because I did not believe the stories. Once was enough, all the above happened to me apart from the headache.

I was asked for a picture and decided to post it on a thread as it is one of my favourite pens I have ever made.

Top Bottom