Snakewood Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JBCustomPens

JBCustomPens

Hey everybody,

Here is a recent one I've finished, it's snakewood on a sierra. I got the snakewood from Rockler a long time ago. Hopefully it won't crack. CA finish mm to 12000. Comments and questions all welcome.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chrisk

Beautiful. Gregg, you are really a lucky man. I've turned only two snakewood pens so far: an Elegant Beauty and a slimline. Both of them are plenty of cracks that appeared some days after I made those pens.
How do you prevent those cracks?

Wheaties

It looks great! Let us (or at least me) know how it holds up for you.

I have a theory, but I want to do an experiment or two to have some sort of data before I start just running my mouth (and no it does not involve stabilizing- you can't stabilize it)

JBCustomPens

Beautiful. Gregg, you are really a lucky man. I've turned only two snakewood pens so far: an Elegant Beauty and a slimline. Both of them are plenty of cracks that appeared some days after I made those pens.

I wish I could say there is a secret, but there isn't. Just chance for most of us.:)

chrisk

Jesus Christ! For years I wanted to give snakewood a try. Recently I found and bought, here in Belgium, a piece about 25". I was so happy. Drilled perfectly, turned like a dream, finished like few species... and after a few days the horror!

Top Bottom