Snakewood cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bearfretworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearfretworks

Got this blank along with the x-cut olive from Darrick (aka chitswood).

After reading all the horror stories on how this stuff cracks, I decided to go for it anyway. It cut, drilled, and turned very easily compared to many other woods I've tried. Finished with lacquer and waxed. Piece of cake, actually. I'm really pleased how it looks with the Rhodium kit.........except.......the lower barrel cracked when I pressed it together. I've had the same problem with Beth Olive.....and think it's due to not having the pieces PERFECTLY straight.....I heard it go "crack" Still a nice looking pen that I'll keep and use!

tn_snakewoodcigar1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I had put a Silver Churchill together that had developed a little crack on the cap piece.

I took it apart yesterday and sanded it down to bare wood.

Then took some 320 grit paper and thin CA and sanded that slurry into it.

I've looked at it under a magnifying glass and I can't tell where the crack was anymore.

I also had a bit of a fit issue with it where I had taken off a little too much wood, so I built up a CA finish on it and polished it up to a nice high gloss.

It sure looks good now!

bearfretworks

Originally posted by chitswood
<br />Hi Bearfretworks, I sliped a nice piece of figured snakewood in you last package, just a spot or two less than museum grade wood [;)]

You may want to try again with that one.

Completely unnecessary Darrick, but GREATLY appreciated!

Chitswood ROCKS, folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom