Snakewood Berserker (Kitless)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from greeneyedblackcat

I got a little crazy with this one, I built it to resemble a Medieval Berserker war club, It has a G2 rollerball insert. The entire pen is kitless, hand built from stainless and snake wood. I plan on making a desk stand for it. Hope you like it>>>>>>>>JK >>>>>>>>>>>>I added a few more pictures taken in the sun.

Attachments

• bez 3.jpg
    bez 3.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 448
  • bez 2.jpg
    bez 2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 190
  • bez 1.jpg
    bez 1.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 207
  • bez 6.jpg
    bez 6.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 168
  • Bez 5.jpg
    Bez 5.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 142
  • bez 4.jpg
    bez 4.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 131
  • bez 8.jpg
    bez 8.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 124
  • bez 7.jpg
    bez 7.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

That's some dragon slayer ! Just don't get that snakewood too close to the dragon's hot breath, wouldn't want it to crack instead of the dragon.

Nice looking project!!

Have you worked with snakewood before? Do you have a secret to keep it from cracking or do you just keep your fingers crossed??:wink:

Randy, Snake wood is kind of a double edged sword (NO PUN INTENDED:) I always drill it slow (real slow,like days) then a real quick dip in the acetone to remove some of the oils. Then I CA the crap out of it (inside and out), I think the acetone paves the way for the CA. After that I let it sit for a day or so to harden up before turning, reapplying acetone/Ca as I go. But as you know with snake wood there are no guarantees. I chose it for this pen because even if it does crack, that would just make it look more medieval :) :)

Kaspar

Very, very cool. It seems to small to be a heavy weapon and too dangerous to be a pen. Looks like you could accidentally impale digits on it.

FYI to whomever said it: C.S. Lewis wrote the Narnia stories and the Cosmic Trilogy. His friend JRR Tolkien wrote Lord of the Rings (which silly people have mistaken for a Fantasy Story.)

Top Bottom