Snakewood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from fiferb

fiferb

Snakewood on Black Ti JGv2 FP. CA finish. Thanks for looking and to those who comment.

Attachments

• Snakewood.jpg
    Snakewood.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 374
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Snakewood one of my favorite woods and you did an outstanding job on it. Let us know how it fairs in a month or so.

fiferb

Thanks everyone. I've taken this one really slow, took several days to drill, let it sit several weeks after drilling, after turning close to size I sealed with thin CA and let it sit for several days, and then finally turned to size and finish. We'll see what happens.

fiferb

WELL done Bruce! Is that one for you? I have one snakewood that hasn't cracked and one that has.

No, not for me. I actually use a pen so seldom that a fountain pen dries up between uses. This is my second snakewood. So far the first has yet to crack. A friend of mine has it and I check it every time I see him.

Mr Vic

Bruce, Thought I was supposed to brag about my Christmas present after you gave it to me!! Seriously a good looking pen. I got a blank waiting to turn but haven't decided on a kit for it yet.

hewunch

when this guy learns how to take pictures you will really be blown away. This photo does not do the pen justice at all. Very nice.

el_d

Great work bruce. Ill keep my fingers crossed for you.

Try placing the pen outside on your front porch when you take a pic. It works for some people.:rolleyes: Not me though.......I guess there is a different sun on this side of the world.:biggrin:

Top Bottom