<br />Wow, nice pen and nice pic! What camera are you
using?

Rebel XTI DSLR with EF100mm macro lens.

Pen was made by Lyle
http://www.waldenwoodworks.com

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Okay Kiddo - its nicer than Don's and my fake snake. If fact a whole lot nicer. Maybe we could coerce you to take a picture of a skin and put your photoshop skills to work. The snakes would love you. I would even pay/trade for it if your game.

kiddo

Originally posted by BRobbins629
<br />Okay Kiddo - its nicer than Don's and my fake snake. If fact a whole lot nicer. Maybe we could coerce you to take a picture of a skin and put your photoshop skills to work. The snakes would love you. I would even pay/trade for it if your game.

Well, if someone would be nice enough to send me some snakeskin I'll make some stuff you can use. I'm in the San Francisco bay area. Not too many snakes lounging around here. And there isn't a telephoto long enough for me to feel safe with if there were!

Could probably print a few out on photo paper for that realistic look.

its_virgil

I can send you a scan of a skin or I can send you a picture of a skin or I can send you a piece of skin you can photograph. Let me know. If you want a piece of skin email me your address. If you want the scan or a pic I will need your email. Can't attach from here.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />I can send you a scan of a skin or I can send you a picture of a skin or I can send you a piece of skin you can photograph. Let me know. If you want a piece of skin email me your address. If you want the scan or a pic I will need your email. Can't attach from here.

Do a good turn daily!
Don
Thanks Don - I hope Kiddo takes us up on this. It could be the ticket if Kiddo can get a picture that looks as good as this pen. As an enticement, if the picture comes out, I will cast some blanks and donate to an IAP raffle. May even include a Mona.

....What he said. The shadow gave it a kinda "comfortable" look; taking it out makes it cold and impersonable. I REALLY like that kit, and have been trying to find a good reason to get a couple--looks like you beat me on the draw. That's a beautiful pen--shadow or no shadow!

JDPens

Holy Mackeral! [:0] That looks fantastic. The jury's still out on the shadow, but popular opinion is leaning in the direction of the shadow. [:D]

NavyDiver

I'm going to disagree with Josh, just because I can (besides, I sent him to bed a few minutes ago). I vote no shadow [}:)].

Fantastic pen and I am in awe of your photographic work!

kiddo

Reminder:

Most of these pens are made by Lyle, not me. I'm only doing the photos. His nick on the group is lwalden. His website is here:
http://www.waldenwoodworks.com

Kiddo

alxe24

Kiddo so much detail scares me. It feels like the pen could bite. As far as the shadow there I think is a keeper. Sorry in advance for the copy cat of your pictures. I'll try to make a somehow attempt to that.
Thanks.
Alex

angboy

Originally posted by NavyDiver
<br />I'm going to disagree with Josh, just because I can (besides, I sent him to bed a few minutes ago). I vote no shadow [}:)].

I'm beginning to suspect some misuse of parental authority here! [}:)][}:)] But just for fun, why don't you do something like send him to bed anytime he says the words "out of round", "dad my pen looks better than yours", "friction polish finish", "we need more pen kits (or wood)" or "dad can I show my girlfriend how to turn a pen". [:D][:D]

NavyDiver

Originally posted by angboy
<br />
Originally posted by NavyDiver
<br />I'm going to disagree with Josh, just because I can (besides, I sent him to bed a few minutes ago). I vote no shadow [}:)].

I'm beginning to suspect some misuse of parental authority here! [}:)][}:)] But just for fun, why don't you do something like send him to bed anytime he says the words "out of round", "dad my pen looks better than yours", "friction polish finish", "we need more pen kits (or wood)" or "dad can I show my girlfriend how to turn a pen". [:D][:D]

I don't know about the others, but the use of "dad my pen looks better than yours" may result in immediate grounding for an indefinite amount of time! [}:)] [:(!] [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom