See more from jimm1

jimm1

Blanks from Don Ward on a Jr. Retro

Attachments

• IMG_0372.jpg
    IMG_0372.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 274
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Looks nice indeed! One question for those turning the skin blanks: On a two part pen like this, do you typically align the scales lay in the blank with the cap on the pen in a closed position, or in an opened position, like the one pictured here? Just curious.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The orientation is, most certainly the option of the penmaker.

Most will choose to have the pen look best in the closed position. Of course many pens don't post (the cap doesn't fit on the rear side of the pen), which makes the answer obviously in the closed position. On posting pens, you could find supporters of either option.

jimm1

Looks nice indeed! One question for those turning the skin blanks: On a two part pen like this, do you typically align the scales lay in the blank with the cap on the pen in a closed position, or in an opened position, like the one pictured here? Just curious.

Thanks for this post. I have since dissembled the top and reversed the scale pattern. Since this is a roller ball and not a fountain, I should have aligned it as a closed pen. With a Fountain Pen, I usually align the open pen with the clip and the fountain nib and the flow of the snakeskin.

Top Bottom