Snakes in da house...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from YoYoSpin

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoYoSpin

Picked up some prepared snake skin Baron blanks from http://glimmerznmore.com/ the other day and decided to give them a spin.

Cobra...
Snake_2c.jpg

Rattlesnake...
Snake_1c.jpg

These blanks are very well made, high quality and turn like butter...recommended.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ashaw

Ed

Wonderful pen as usual. I tried one last year and blew the blank appart [:(!].. I Have to give it another try. I have a co-worker that would just love to have one[}:)].

fritzmccorkle

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Ed,

They must be great since just looking at them gives me a case of the heebie-jeebies! Love your pens, HATE snakes!!!!

i used to have several snakes. they are facinating animals. anyone who has a lot of snakes probably also has a lot of rats. anyway...(and this is a completely unrelated story)i got orders to okinawa which forced the great snake clearance event of 1993. aw never mind. i should probably tell this story in another part of the forum.

really nice looking pens ed.

arjudy

Very nice. I have ordered a cobra and a python from the same people in the cigar style but have not received them yet. I can't wait to get them if you know what I mean!

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by YoYoSpin
<br />The trick to turning these, if you can call it a trick, is to use a round-nosed scraper with the burr removed and a sharp skew for the finish work.

Good tip, YY. I'll keep that in mind. I hope to do a Baron snake or two pretty soon. Help like this can save time, blanks, frustration and yielding to non-Sunday language.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom