Snake's Alive and other stuff

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mick

mick

Here's a few from this weekend. The first is a custom order from one of my regular customers. It's made from Holly with Bloodwood, Yellowheart and dyed Boxelder and Poplar for the knot and bands. Next is one of Dawn's Copperhead blanks. Folks these are really nicely done blanks if you haven't tried them yet. Next up is a Jr. Statesman made from Tiger Paduak. I've had a couple of these laying around since I started turning. After seeing the finished pen I wonder why I haven't turned it sooner. Lastly is one of Lyle's cross blanks. this is the first I've done in Bloodwood. I'll see if it's as popular as the ones I do in Olivewood. Thanks for looking and any comments are welcome!

Attachments

• CeltPrimaryOpen.jpg
    CeltPrimaryOpen.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 236
  • JrStatesPrimaryCeltic.jpg
    JrStatesPrimaryCeltic.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 225
  • P1010012.jpg
    P1010012.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 302
  • JrStatesTigerStripePaduak.jpg
    JrStatesTigerStripePaduak.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 251
  • JrGentBloodwoodCross.jpg
    JrGentBloodwoodCross.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 225
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Nice pens there Mike. I liike all of them. Your craftsmanship is top notch as usual. I have some tiger something (myrtle I think) so now I think I'll see if it is as nice as the paudauk. I agree, Dawn does a nice job with her casting. Her snakes and other creations are some of the best. BTW, I miss the weekly pen chats. Maybe we should start them up again.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Here's a few from this weekend. The first is a custom order from one of my regular customers. It's made from Holly with Bloodwood, Yellowheart and dyed Boxelder and Poplar for the knot and bands. Next is one of Dawn's Copperhead blanks. Folks these are really nicely done blanks if you haven't tried them yet. Next up is a Jr. Statesman made from Tiger Paduak. I've had a couple of these laying around since I started turning. After seeing the finished pen I wonder why I haven't turned it sooner. Lastly is one of Lyle's cross blanks. this is the first I've done in Bloodwood. I'll see if it's as popular as the ones I do in Olivewood. Thanks for looking and any comments are welcome!

mick

Nice pens there Mike. I liike all of them. Your craftsmanship is top notch as usual. I have some tiger something (myrtle I think) so now I think I'll see if it is as nice as the paudauk. I agree, Dawn does a nice job with her casting. Her snakes and other creations are some of the best. BTW, I miss the weekly pen chats. Maybe we should start them up again.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Don, I had just mentioned this very thing to Connie last night. Maybe we need to look into getting the chats started again. I had even wondered what it would take to get a live chatroom for this site.

alphageek

Former Moderator
I'll send Jeff a note later today... I have found a nice free php chat client that I think he could put up here... I agree that is a cool idea.

Definately nice pens too!

its_virgil

It was fun, informative, and we even had a few special guests when schedules allowed it. I especially remember the chat with the Gisi's and also Steve White, owner of River Ridge Products. Maybe it can happen again.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Don, I had just mentioned this very thing to Connie last night. Maybe we need to look into getting the chats started again. I had even wondered what it would take to get a live chatroom for this site.

its_virgil

The free chat client we used at first slammed our computers with tons of ads and junk. We switched to one we paid for but I didn't like it as well. Maybe we can get a chat started up again.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

I'll send Jeff a note later today... I have found a nice free php chat client that I think he could put up here... I agree that is a cool idea.

Definately nice pens too!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Mick,

I have never seen a colored knot - it's really beautiful!!!

Once slight correction, tho, all of Dawn's snakes are DEAD - no snakes ALIVE!!!! I'm not wild about a kitchen full of dead ones, believe me ONE live one and this guy hits the roof!!!!

rjwolfe3

Awwwww, is little Ed afraid the snakes are gonna get ya! Don't worry Dawn told me she puts a live one under your pillow every night. Something about insurance money, I think.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Wise a**

Awwwww, is little Ed afraid the snakes are gonna get ya! Don't worry Dawn told me she puts a live one under your pillow every night. Something about insurance money, I think.

This guy has really turned into a wiseacre since he learned how to spell
ROB!!

mick

Mick,

I have never seen a colored knot - it's really beautiful!!!

Once slight correction, tho, all of Dawn's snakes are DEAD - no snakes ALIVE!!!! I'm not wild about a kitchen full of dead ones, believe me ONE live one and this guy hits the roof!!!!

Ed, the customer ordered the colors....this is the second one I've done for her....the colors represent the four elements, Earth, Air, Fire and Water
Thanks everyone for the comments!

Top Bottom