Snakebean 30-06

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Houtkop

Houtkop

This is my latest pen from my shop (don't know if you can call it that, consists of a cheap Chinese lathe and a Dremel). Pity I did not finish it sooner as I might have entered it into the Hunters contest.

It is a 30-06 shell that I cut out three sections. The wood is a local small tree species that grows in very arid regions. It produces bean like pods that is used by the Bushmen of the Kalahari to produce a slow acting poison for their arrows. Therefore the name Snakebean. I could not find a bullet to fit, so the tip is also made from the same wood. Used slightly shorter 7mm tubes and 7mm tranny. The clip is attached with CA and 3mm screw as I do not have a torch hot enough to silver solder it in place.

Attachments

• 30-061.jpg
    30-061.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 215
  • 30-062.jpg
    30-062.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 195
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Unique and very appealing !!! . I like it !!!

That pen could have been entered in several of the BASH contests.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Nice job on that pen, Charles.

I'm sorry that you didn't finish it in time for a BASH contest, but watch for the Summer Extravaganza in a few months. It's a mini-version of BASH and I'm sure there will be some contests that will interest you.

Houtkop

David, one of the reasons I post my pens on the forum is to share my ideas and get suggestions like the one from William (thanks, will give it a try). So you are more than welcome to use my idea.

Top Bottom