Snake with a Twist

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from btboone

Status
Not open for further replies.

btboone

Here's one I did tonight. I was going to use real snake skin, but in trials, it didn't seem to work well with CA, and I'm not a fan of polyester, so I did this with tinted CA. The trick was to get the wrap correct.

20061253420_snakepen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

[:0]I had that on my list of things to do after Christmas. Very nice work, Bruce. Tinted CA?? That must have been interesting to mix.

btboone

Thanks guys. The CA has a little pearl luster powder and a couple drops of dye from the polyester supplies from ArtStuf. I just squirt a blob of medium CA on a newspaper glossy ad and mix in the powder and dye with a toothpick. The CA is thick enough to stay in place while I hit it with accelerator and go around the pen. I fill the outline of the snake which is cut into the pen, make sure that there's CA heaping up above flush, and turn the pen back down to flush.

And Angboy, yes, I do wood too! [:D] Here's some rings I made yesterday. The guy's name is actually Woodring, so he thought it would be memorable to have everyone in the wedding party get a wood ring. I'll be cleaning out the lathe for a week! [:eek:)]

2006125133139_woodringpic.jpg
<br />

btboone

The inside CA was done after cutting. I made the ring around a quarter size too large and put the thick CA on the inside diameter while holding it by hand and using spray accelerant. The inside doesn't have as good a finish as the outside, but it gets sanded to correct ring size then polished with a small buff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom