snake skin casting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

Did a rattlesnake skin cast and turned the pen this afternoon. It is from the black and white strips just above the rattles. The wood is ebony, plating is chrome, and the CB is fiber washers from woodturningz. I may have my grove back, Lou and yours may be the next one. Wish me luck. I could not get the "insert an image file" link to work, so I put the picture in my photo album. Enjoy and comments welcome, good or otherwise.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

I mention having my grove back because I've ben having some problems with my cast skins but I've figured out what the problem is (I hope) amd maybe the cast skins will start being successful again. Thanks for all the comments and for looking.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Great looking pen. Are your casts still thin enough for the snake skin fell or are they slick? I am interested in maybe trying some, we Baptists just love to handle snakes [:D]

its_virgil

Pastor Bill,
The skins are totally embedded in the resin and the surface is smooth and polished. Thanks for looking and commenting.

do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by pastorbill1952
<br />Great looking pen. Are your casts still thin enough for the snake skin fell or are they slick? I am interested in maybe trying some, we Baptists just love to handle snakes [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom