A Snake and a Cross

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JasonF

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonF

I haven't made many pens in a while, but I found a little time tonight. The snake blank was a gift from Don Ward (thanks Don!) from several months ago. I just now got the nerve to turn it. This was much easier to turn than I thought, I was so afraid of messing it up! The bottom part is Blackwood and it is a Gunmetal Designer.

The other pen is a Bloodwood Chrome Slimline and the cross is sandings from a white acrylic blank. Some red from the wood got into the cross when I sanded :(. I've been having trouble with my CA finish lately (I think my CA has been open to long) so the finish is Mylands 3-Step. Comments good/bad are welcome.

200712774727_Snake%20and%20Cross%201.jpg

200712775158_Snake%20and%20Cross%20Tall.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alxe24

As much as I don't care for the half snakes and wood I must say I trully like yours, (I mean it) really nice pen. Still not a fun of the cross pens. Nothing personal just the look
Congrats

ahoiberg

they both look nice jason, but i really like the looks of that snake skin blank combined with the black blank and kit.

JasonF

Thanks for the comments! Aderhammer-I hadn't thought of it like that, thanks for the perspective.

I was actually kinda happy when I found out the blackwood matched the black stripes on the snake skin. I put a chrome designer net to it first, but the gunmetal just looked better to me.

its_virgil

Hey Jason. I must have missed this when you posted it. Nice work on the pens. I must make a euro...I like yours.

Your granddad told me you were up during Thanksgiving. Sorry we missed each other. Next time you're up and have time come over.

Happy New Year.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom