Snake and Bling

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BRobbins629

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Ebonite with cast sterling silver clip and centerband. Emerald (simulated) eyes for the snake and CZs in the cb. Thanks for hissing.
attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• SnB 1.JPG
    SnB 1.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 610
  • SnB3.JPG
    SnB3.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 613
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Bruce, that is simply FANTASTIC!!!!:eek::biggrin:
Without a doubt, my newest favourite of your stuff!!! I love it:biggrin::biggrin:

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Bruce , did you use anything special to set the stones ?
With much regret, I use an adhesive product called Gem-Tac that I got from Ben Franklin. I have used it before and it seems to hold the stones well. I do use a bur designed to leave the correct angle to drill the hole. These are available from Rio Grande and other jewelry supply houses.

My regret is that despite numerous attempts I am still unable to set a stone the proper way, not scar the metal beyond repair and have it stay put. In an ideal world, the metal should be pushed over the wide part of the stone holding it place. I have done bezel and prong settings, but the pave still baffles me. Wish there was a local class for this, but its on my bucket list.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Great looking work, Bruce.

Can we see a close up of the center band?

-Barry
Here's a better look at the cb as well as a few others in various stages of the process. The purple looking one is a wax model before I drill the holes. The whitish looking one is how they look right after casting with firescale. One without stones has been cleaned up a bit - still needs some more polishing - but the holes have been reamed with a stone setting bur.
attachment.jpg

Attachments

• CBs.jpg
    CBs.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 96

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
So many details.

GREAT work Bruce!!! You are far more patient than I. (AND talented, but that went without saying, as they say!!)

PR_Princess

Magnificent Bruce!! But I don't know which I like more though... I love the new details in the snake, and I love the CB bling! Heck I love it all!!:tongue::cool:

So just call me a happy camper and put me with Skippy on this one!!!

Top Bottom