200571323216_cigar%20red%20mallee.jpg

Cigar Red Mallee,CB of mix glitter from Lee Tree

200571323314_gentleman%20bocote.jpg

Gentleman xcut Bocote from big rob777

200571323454_gentleman%20koa.jpg

Gentleman Koa from Isaac

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Bill, no bocote pic, but I like the other pens. Especially the Koa Gentleman! Is the glitter band on the cigar an oops fix? I think it detracts from the beauty of the Red Mallee, but that's just me.

JimGo

The Koa Genetleman is a beauty; great job on that finish! Not that the cigar is bad, but I really like the capped pens. Can't see the bocote, so no comment.

The glitter band was an quick repair. I was not paying attention to the blank and left an end that was chip too close to the blank. I then glued a piece on from the same blank and the saw line was still visible. Don't know why, might have been the wood glue. So then I tried just a small groove to fill, but wasn't satisfied with that, so 2 more grooves to fill but they weren't equally spaced to suit. So cleaned out the area in between. Just had glitter on hand, and so....... I will try to resend the bocote.

BigRob777

Bill,
Thanks for the plug and for posting these pics. I love to see wood that came through me, go into "good hands". I like this gentleman even better than the first pen. Nice work on all of them. I was wondering about the CB also. I still have to send you that ebony gaboon gift. I have it ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom