Smokey Taupe Reinhart

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from toddlajoie

toddlajoie

Figured I would try the Reinhart, since I've enjoyed the Navigator/Barron so much, and it shares tube and bushing sizes, dressed in a piece of Smokey Taupe from Exotics, I REALLY like the look of this pen, but I also REALLY feel that it is just this fantastic blank. I was originally very turned off by the faceted parts of the kit, but I do like the better threads than the black Navigator ones. For being the same size kit, the Reinhart feels substantially larger (probably because the hex parts ARE substantially larger), in fact it feels like the Jr. Gent II, but it is a good bit smaller. I'm gonna carry this one around for the next few weeks and see if the kit grows on my more...

Smokey%20Taupe%20Reinhart%2001w.jpg

Smokey%20Taupe%20Reinhart%2002a.jpg

Smokey%20Taupe%20Reinhart%2003w.jpg

Smokey%20Taupe%20Reinhart%2002w.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
That blank is a real "sleeper". Doesn't look like much as a blank--but the pens always look sharp!!

Nice job and thanks for the feedback on the Reinhart!

JimMc7

Great job turning a nice blank & a wonderful photo!

I'm still not a fan of the facets on the kit -- otherwise a great improvement over the Baron (several customers prefer size of the Baron vs JG-II but don't like the black thread couplers).

JerrySambrook

Todd,
I did one for Steve at woodcraft to put up as the sample pen.
I do have a couple of comments
When I did that one, I lined up the hexes, so they are in line all the way down. However, instead of using the three lead threads that we are used to, they are using the four lead at least on the gold ones. So, instead of posting and capping and having the flats always line up, they can be off 1/2 the time now

seamus7227

I gotta say that is a terrific blank! I'm not really sure about the kit cap portion, but i like the lower barrel. Great job none the less! And great photos

toddlajoie

Todd,
I did one for Steve at woodcraft to put up as the sample pen.
I do have a couple of comments
When I did that one, I lined up the hexes, so they are in line all the way down. However, instead of using the three lead threads that we are used to, they are using the four lead at least on the gold ones. So, instead of posting and capping and having the flats always line up, they can be off 1/2 the time now

Yea, I realized I hadn't lined up the facets after the fact. I should be able to twist it to line them up, just haven't tried yet, but as for them being off when re-capping, both facets are on the cap, none are on the body, so once they line up, they should stay that way. Don't think the chrome is any different than the gold, so it's probably 4 lead threads too, which would mainly make it more likely that the blank sections would not match when capping.

Top Bottom