Smoked Green Tree Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mather323

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mather323

I was over at my neighbors house and I saw a pen I made years ago. The wood was called Smoked Greed Tree Burl. I had purchaced it from Hut Industries? in the late 90's. I have alway enjoyed this wood but I had forgotten all about it and I have never seen it since then. Has anyone else ever heard of this wood? I just looked at the posted pic and the actual pen showes a lot more deeper greens. Sorry I did not have time to take a great pic.

20081321145_smokedgreentree2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GBusardo

Michael, A few thoughts come to mind when I looked at your pen. The wood and pen are both really beautiful. The kit is a copy of a classic that for some reason, has never caught on with the members here. The gold, that I would bet is 24k, is in really good shape for its age. And..... your neighbor hasn't lost it in almost ten years! I would consider that to be hugely successful. [:D]

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />This might well be Smoke Tree Burl, also known as chittum burl.

I remember that my dad told me that chittum bark is a laxative, and it rolls up and peels off the tree like birch bark. How's that for useless info? I think he also mentioned Cascara bark. Is that the same tree? C'mon, Cav, you're almost a doctor, you should know this stuff, right? heh

By the way, don't chew on the pen, in case I'm right. [:p]

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by karlkuehn
<br />
Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />This might well be Smoke Tree Burl, also known as chittum burl.

I remember that my dad told me that chittum bark is a laxative, and it rolls up and peels off the tree like birch bark. How's that for useless info? I think he also mentioned Cascara bark. Is that the same tree? C'mon, Cav, you're almost a doctor, you should know this stuff, right? heh

By the way, don't chew on the pen, in case I'm right. [:p]

Karl, I've also heard hemlock makes good tea. My old friend Socrates highly recommends it. [:D][;)]

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by Mather323
<br />Thanks WDCAV1952 you are correct, you have jared my memory. I just hope that I can find some in the future.[:)][:D][:)]

Your welcome, Michael. It is a beautiful wood and you did a good job with it.

If you have any Christmas money left....

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-SMOKETREE-BURL-CHITTUM-BURL-TURNING-WOOD_W0QQitemZ110210450109QQihZ001QQcategoryZ71235QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m118

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by wdcav1952<br />
Karl, I've also heard hemlock makes good tea. My old friend Socrates highly recommends it. [:D][;)]

Yeah...I dunno, I never trusted that guy much. All that high falootin' thinking and what not. Makes you wonder, he was so smart, how come he always put on his bed sheet in the morning instead of his pants? Leaves and sticks all in his hair all the time...just don't seem right is all. [:p]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom