Smiley Custom Parker

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BRobbins629

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Been playing around with a few concepts around the Sierra/Parker style transmission. Learned that there are at least 2 thread types out there - some are 8.5mm x 1 and other are 8mm x .75. I already had the 8.5mm tap and luckily the 8mm x .75 is a standard from Victor Machine which I got through Amazon for less than $5 with no minimum order. Here's one of my favorites. Transmission holders on nib and finial machined from brass. Except for the hardware, all cast PR with a little carving in between.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Smiley parker.JPG
    Smiley parker.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 564
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Too cool!! Like the Doc said, I defy anyone not to smile when they look at it. And we all could do with a smile these days:biggrin:

Is that a sticker or done with your Bruce-o-matic?:biggrin:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Well that makes it doublely more impressive !! I didn't realize you could get such a sharp resolution!! :biggrin:

jttheclockman

I like this pen. It is plain and simple and yet there is a complexity to it if you know anything about making pens. It would be a hit with any age group. Thanks for showing.

bluwolf

Nice and clean Bruce. And you nailed the proportions of black to yellow. It's very balanced looking. I know that sounds stupid but a little bit more, one way or the other, and it wouldn't look quite right. Or at least not as good.

Mike

Top Bottom