Smart move

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from darbytee

Status
Not open for further replies.

darbytee

I have a big exam tomorrow morning at 6AM, so I spend all day today studying, right? Wrong. I spent all morning in the shop and came up with these instead. The first two are of a BOW Jr Gentleman in 10K. The third is a Pale moon ebony and African blackwood sliimline in black titanium. The picture really doesn't do that one justice (mainly because my photography skills suck!). Critiques are welcome. Thanks as always for looking.

200522120352_BOW2.jpg

2005221203659_BOW.jpg

2005221203844_PME.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ryannmphs

I like BOW's, there's just something about the last one that doesn't sit right with me. Don'tknow if it's the black wood with the black tip or what, just my opinion (and that ain't worth a lot)

As far as the photography, try to keep the background a different color that the item you are photographing. Try a white or grey back ground. If your using a digital camera the try several different background until you find one you like.

Ryan

Gary

The BOW I like. You did a nice job on it. The slimline I don't care for, but that's just my taste.

Randy_

I have to be a sheep here and follow the crowd. The slimline doesn't do anything for me.....I like the BOW but would have liked it more if there were a match of the grain between the cap and the pen.

tipusnr

I actually prefer the slimline. I'm thinking that I see a darker streak on the backside of the top blank to tie the woods together. Good looking pen.

Nothing wrong with the BOW pens just that I've seen quite a few done similarly.

darbytee

Maybe this will clarify a little. Looking at it now I realize that the picture doesn't show the matching black tones on the pale moon ebony. This is a picture of the same pen along with an uncut piece of pale moon ebony. As far as the BOW, I lined up the grain before I put it together but somehow it didn't end up that way. The best laid plans...

2005221231953_PME2.jpg

Gary

I too have a difficult time getting the grain to match on the Jr. Gents. I try to relate the starting position with the number of revolutions when closed, but I still miss it sometimes.[:(]

JimGo

Darby,
Nice to see I'm not the only one who procrastinates on their studying! At least you did something worthwhile with the time! Great job on the BOW; I'm with the others though, not a huge fan of the slimline (though if you want to send it my way... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom