Small Town USA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

I really enjoy making these lil guys! They're alot of fun to write with and feel great in the hand. I wrote down the dimensions but I think I left them back in the shop. So I'll give yall that info tomorrow. Cast the blanks myself from Alumilite. For anyone that made it to the last SC meeting, this was the blank I passed around during my casting demo. I made another small solid red piece for the front section to keep it less busy. This is also the first one I made with a clip. Typically I just keep them in my jeans pocket, but a customer wanted to see one with a clip so I knocked out this one yesterday to show them.

Thanks for looking! Comments/critiques/questions are always welcome.

:usflag:

DSC02745642x700_zps6d5eba56.jpg
DSC02748581x700_zps29d234e2.jpg
DSC02752598x700_zpsf36240c6.jpg
DSC02753568x700_zps2d61fc3f.jpg
DSC02755700x610_zpsad81fc2f.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I love this design so much I stole the hell out of it..Told him I was stealing it and even made him give me the sizes, had him make me blanks give me the parts...its amazing what he will give you when you wave Black Ash Burl under his nose..it puts him in a trance..I think Shea keeps a piece of it in her pocket just to keep him under control

KDM

Fantastic blank. Isn't is a nuisance that you lose so much material in making threads to fit inside one another that blanks never match up?

Is that a single start thread you've used? I've never managed to successfully single thread polyester.

Triple Crown

Hi Jonathan,

It's a really cute pen! I like it with the clip, and I think it'll still work great in my jeans pocket with the clip. :wink: Or my shirt pocket. :rolleyes:

Greg

Brooks803

Thanks everyone for the comments! I'm a day late giving the info but here's the stats on this pen:

3 3/4" capped
5" posted
12mm triple start cap-body threads
9mm body-section
#5 stainless steel nib

Where did the mini pump come from. Will a ink cartridge fit? I like the blank.

I bought a whole bunch of them over a year ago. I don't remember where I got them. They're really cool, but the main problem is they don't fit the bock feeds. So I've been searching for a nib system that fits. Heritance works but is no longer available and I'm still searching for another. It will take an ink cartridge.

I love this design so much I stole the hell out of it..Told him I was stealing it and even made him give me the sizes, had him make me blanks give me the parts...its amazing what he will give you when you wave Black Ash Burl under his nose..it puts him in a trance..I think Shea keeps a piece of it in her pocket just to keep him under control

She's got something more powerful than black ash burl :hammer:

Really like the size and scale of that one! Does it fit an international cartridge size?

Thanks Phil! I believe so. I built them around the private reserve cartridges I get from exotics. Not sure if that's the international size or not. They're the same size as what FP kits come with.

Fantastic blank. Isn't is a nuisance that you lose so much material in making threads to fit inside one another that blanks never match up?

Is that a single start thread you've used? I've never managed to successfully single thread polyester.

It does suck. This blank was just from leftover resin from a larger pour so I did't get as much red/blue in it as I would have liked. But I do know what you mean. It really is hard to keep things lined up with these handcast blanks with all the swirls in them. Plus the cap has a larger diameter so that plays a huge factor in it to! These threads are 12mm triple start. Plus I used alumilite instead of PR for that very reason. I can thread PR, but it's prone to chipping out at the threads.

lyonsacc

This blank was just from leftover resin from a larger pour so I did't get as much red/blue in it as I would have liked. [/quote]

I think I recognize those colors! Haven't turned them yet though.

Top Bottom