A small problem.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick_G

Rick_G

My nephew who is in the military is stationed in the middle east right now. I sent him a pen and a few for some of the guys he is with a couple months ago. He got home for a couple weeks at the first of this month to get married and when talking to him he mentioned he would like a few more for the rest of the guys he is with, so I have made him 6 cigars to cover the rest of the guys. He also mentioned there is a woman there he has worked with on other deployments and she collects fountain pens and could I make a fountain pen.

Øistein sent me some 5000 yr old bog oak and some nice teak from the deck of a Norwegian sailing ship the Statsraad Lehmkuhl. I made a Baron in each, the bog oak is a platinum kit I've had for a while and the teak is in black titanium. Which one do I send her.

Attachments

• 2033.jpg
    2033.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 294
  • 2034.jpg
    2034.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 278
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

monophoto

Ask your nephew which he thinks the woman would like.

IMO, most women would prefer the teak, but this particular woman might like the oak. It's a personality thing.

S.A.Mappin

I would say the Bog Oak, just because of its uniqueness.

Both pens a wonderful.

By the way, is there a tutorial somewhere on how to do the wooden finial for the Jr. Gents, and other pens?

S.A.Mappin

Top Bottom