Small Group

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

2008365439_pen%20group.jpg

Not that its anything differnt but...my last few pens with a few different finishes. The first was a 5/8" blank i got in a small lot of scraps bought online. I think its zebrawood. I used 3 coats of poly on it.

The second is a deer antler comfort I finished for my dad who loves his bow hunting and is a taxidermist. I got lucky with the natural texture left. I used a spray lacquer on it and then shined it up with a turning of EEE. It really smoothed out and brought my spray to a nice shine.

The third is my sons new classic twist. Wet sanded with micro mesh and then used the plastic polish on it. Im really liking these acrylic colors available.

The last is my first attempt at a rollerball and my first time turning Chechen. I used a CA/BLO finish.

I know theyre not the top end kits you guys like to see but they are nice to learn on, and im not out so much when i screw them up.;)
thanks for looking and all comments (good or bad).

ldb2000

Hi John
They are ALL great looking pens and the finishes are all fantastic too , just goes to show you that there is NO wrong type of finish for a pen...Poly , Lacquer , CA/Blo they all work well and should last for quite awhile .
as for the kits you used ...HOW COULD YOU !!!...[}:)]...hee hee...We love to see them all...it's not the kits it's the love and care that go into them that we love to see .

PS. If you like turning the acrylics just wait till you turn your OWN acrylic blank , one of the greatest thrills is turning a blank that you cast with the colors and patterns you designed

Top Bottom