Small Favor Payback

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

A while ago I did a small favor for Curtis and he went overbord in thanking me with these: A Mesquite and Black Walnut pen box with a lucky penny and inscription on the bottom and a Custom Mallet to keep "Order in the House" and one of his famous "Texas bluebonnet blanks". Just got around to turning the blank tonight and really like how it came out, I reverse painted the blank white and gave it my usual PR finish even though it's Alumalite....:Below are the 3 Items along with the bottom of the box:
Now I must thank Curtis..................THANK YOU SIR>>>>>:

IMG_2015.jpg

IMG_2017.jpg

IMG_2018.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
WOW! The pen looks fantastic! Curtis doesn't ever do anything less than perfect. You two make a good team!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Thank you, Roy! Thanks for the nice comments and the pictures. Would you be opposed to me putting one of the pen pics in my customer gallery on my website? Also, did you notice that the penny is the year the box was made? That is the way I date most all of my "flatwork"

Also, thanks to the rest of you for the kind words.

BTW, Roy, the pen looks great as usual! Did you find many bubbles while turning? Those damn bluebonnets are impossible for me to cast without some bubbles.

OKLAHOMAN

Curtis, don't mind at all if you want to put a photo on your site. A few bubbles, nothing CA couldn't fix. Didn't notice the year on the penny but now that you clued me in I think that's a wonderful way to date a piece. The gavel,pen and box are in my curio cabinet along with pens I've collected from other pen makers ....

Top Bottom