A Sluro

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Tn-Steve

Tn-Steve

Hey Gang,

Finish isn't quite up to speed yet, but it's getting better. Pen is a Slimline kit, Brazilian Rosewood and the band is Zebra Wood. I wanted sort of a Euro look, but since I only have slim kits, (till my box from BearToothWoods show up), I decided to have some fun. Once I get the hang of finishing (CA and BLO), then I'll have some stuff I can be proud of.

Thanks for Viewing,

Steve

Attachments

• Sluro.jpg
    Sluro.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 314
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

Nice job! I do agree with Butch, like keep the top the same as the CB and sort of round it down to the finial. Don't let the bushing dictate the shape.

SLimelineeURO

Tn-Steve

Great job on that one Steve . I like the CB but I think you should have put a little more shape on the upper barrel .

I agree, but a moments inattention :eek: (read CATCH) dictated a new plan. I had intended for a bit more flowing shape, with a graceful curve down into the end.

I'll bite.

What is the significance of the title??:confused:

SLURO - Slim Line eURO. A Euro look based on a slim kit. Hey 13 years in the Army and another 10 in IT, I THINK in abbreviation and Acroynims :)

Steve

Skye

Love the CB, I've done a lot like that.

One suggestion is to go with a little more contrast in the wood used in the band, it'll give it a little more pop.

You're trying to learn a CA/BLO finish, but have you gotten the CA finish nailed yet? If not, I'd suggest maybe sticking with it, that way you'll be able to tell the difference that the BLO brings to the finish.

Tn-Steve

Love the CB, I've done a lot like that.

One suggestion is to go with a little more contrast in the wood used in the band, it'll give it a little more pop.

You're trying to learn a CA/BLO finish, but have you gotten the CA finish nailed yet? If not, I'd suggest maybe sticking with it, that way you'll be able to tell the difference that the BLO brings to the finish.

There actually is a bit more contrast between the two, that's an artifact of the poor setup job I did on the picture.

I am trying different approaches to the finish right now, Started with a BLO / CA because it seemed like it was less trouble prone, (Newbie Friendly). I'm going to try a straight CA finish next, see how that works and looks.

Thanks for the suggestions, right now I'm in the "Learning the Craft" phase, my best ones get given to friends, my 'Others' get to become desk pens around the house. (and I may need a bigger house)

SMW

guts

Steve looks like you are on the right track,looks pretty good so far,I think once you get the c.a. finish down without the blo you will like it.

Top Bottom