Slithering cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wood-of-1kind

Status
Not open for further replies.

wood-of-1kind

Forgive me for holding to the belief that "I got wood"(always)[:I]. With the kind assistance of Mr. Don Ward (its_ virgil), I now also have resin to my collection. Don graciously provided the perfect rattler PR blank. No bubbles are evident at all. I don't know how he does it, but I'm thankful that he does. Turning this cast blank was done with ease despite my initial hesitation to start it and the fear of a major blow up. With the gentle persuation of a roundnose and skew this is the result. Thank you Don for your generousity.
-Peter-
2006825225933_cigsnake.jpg

20068252306_cigsnake1.jpg

200682523355_1cig.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

slincoln

Nice job, I've turned my share of the rattler blanks and still have an occasional blowup. BTW, nice pen stand too, how do you make it flat and square like that? [:eek:)]

Thanx Kindly,

Scott

its_virgil

Good job Peter! I've been waiting for the blanks to "turn" into a pen and slither onto my screen. I'm glad you were successful and thanks for the compliments on my casting abilities. And, you're welcome.
Do a good turn daily'!
Don
Originally posted by wood-of-1kind
<br />Forgive me for holding to the belief that "I got wood"(always)[:I]. With the kind of assistance of Mr. Don Ward (its virgil), I now also have resin to my collection. Don graciously provided the perfect rattler PR blank. No bubbles are evident at all. I don't know how he does it, but I'm thankful that he does. Turning this cast blank was done with ease despite my initial hesitation to start it and the fear of a major blow up. With the gentle persuation of a roundnose and skew this is the result. Thank you Don for your generousity.

angboy

Looks very nice with the pen kit. And Don did a great job on the blanks- they look like you could just feel the texture on the skin- yuck! (but in a good way in this case).

Are you going to be able to handle having, oh no... don't say it... resin around![:D][:D]

wood-of-1kind

<br />Looks very nice with the pen kit. And Don did a great job on the blanks- they look like you could just feel the texture on the skin- yuck! (but in a good way in this case).

The casting is so good that it looks that there is nothing there to cover the scales. Don certainly knows this process.

Are you going to be able to handle having, oh no... don't say it... resin around![:D][:D]

Wood will always be by me but, but Don and his snakeskin blanks have made a believer of me now and I may have to make some shelf space for PR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom