Slipping deeper into the dark side,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CaptG

CaptG

Of "girlie" pens that is. After seeing the Jr. Gent. that Toni did, and getting my order of new canes in the mail today :), I had to try a full size pen. I had this Opollo Infinity collecting dust as I am not to keen on them, and decided to give it a go. I want to thank Toni for dragging me deeper and deeper into the abyss. :) I owe ya kiddo :) All comments welcome and appreciated. I have had the honor of a sneak preview to some of Toni's latest art, and mine pale in comparison.

Attachments

• big pen 002.jpg
    big pen 002.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 521
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Toni

I want to thank Toni for dragging me deeper and deeper into the abyss. :) I owe ya kiddo :) I have had the honor of a sneak preview to some of Toni's latest art, and mine pale in comparison.

What can I say...I needed company:biggrin::biggrin:

Gary I LOVE THAT PEN!! I have never seen that kit, will you send me some more photos of it, please...and where you get them, curious on the size, etc.

Nice job!!! thanks for telling the forum there are more pens to show:frown:

altaciii

Gary, Very nice pen. I must say it really brought out the feminin side that I'm sure no one on the site ever knew you had. Make sure the doors are closed and the blinds pulled when you make your next one.

Gary,
Toni may have created an ...er...Monster? As Alex said, I dont now if this is the compliment you were looking for but you really connected with your feminine side. Secret...the chicks love that!!!! but you probably know that by now.
OH, yeah...excellent pen, my man!!!Great combo of design elements.

Rfturner

Gary that looks great. where do you get the cane from? I like the overall look it gave it.
I am currently working on a PC pen that is for a winery. it is completely custom and getting on the verge of kitless.

CaptG

Gary that looks great. where do you get the cane from? I like the overall look it gave it.
I am currently working on a PC pen that is for a winery. it is completely custom and getting on the verge of kitless.

Hi Ryan, I get all my canes from Toni, see the link to her site in her signature line. Hers are the best.

CaptG

OK, LOL, For general information, a couple facts about the "girlie man" :) and the pretty pens, Picture this if you will, one six foot even, 209 lb 2nd degree black belt with a ccw which means there is most likely a Beretta .45 tucked in the small of his back :) with a smile on his face because of the 50 pc. slim line "girlie" pen order I got/er, he got 2 days ago :) And life is good for those of us in touch........LOL

tbird

Of "girlie" pens that is. After seeing the Jr. Gent. that Toni did, and getting my order of new canes in the mail today :), ]

Very nice pen. Can you possibly post a picture of the cane? Is it one cane or several used in combination to make that "blank"?

Thanks

Toni

Hi Marcia~I will explain to you how a "millefiori cane" is made. I have included photos on the bottom that I will refer to.

The first thing I do is get the components together to make the design, here I had to condition all the clay then make the hat, scarf, nose, etc. Then put together all the components; at this stage snowman was pretty big!!

then you need to pack it with clay, I use translucent for all my designs so they can be applied to other designs as the translucent becomes clear. Rudolph is packed with translucent clay.

After that its time to reduce the cane which involves squeezing:eek:chooking :eek:the cane and slowly it will begin to get longer :eek: and longer in the 3rd photo you will see the snowman in various lenths and diameters.(he was a big boy):eek:

the last photo is what the cane looks like that Gary is using to apply to the tubes to make his pen. You take slices off of the cane or canes to make the design. You can use as many different canes you would like, its all up to the artist...

I hope that helped explain what a cane is...:biggrin:
(Lenny no wise cracks:monkey:)

Attachments

• DSC09251.jpg
    DSC09251.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC09399.jpg
    DSC09399.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC09255.jpg
    DSC09255.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC08177.jpg
    DSC08177.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

CaptG

Thank you Toni for the explanation. Marcia, what Toni said and I use 3 to 6 different canes per pen. Toni is the real artist here, I just assemble her works of art.

Top Bottom