Slimline stylus/pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Donovan's Corner

14 Slimline stylus/pens. Twelve are a part of a prepay order and two were extra for sales.

Attachments

• 100_2911.jpg
    100_2911.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 459
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
creative dryspell

I found making 14 slimline pens to be a real drag and I cannot wait to work on something more creative!! The slimline stylus/pen has sold twice as fast as my other pens. It is frustrating to make pens I don't like and watch them sell before my other more intriguing products.

Don't tell my customers especially the return customers.

Last edited:

MarkD

There are lots of ways to make a slimline pen more interesting. You can find lots of variations of slimline pens here. For example, you can remove the canter band which opens up lots of possibilities.

Here is another great resource! The Pen Pages

Drstrangefart

Also, combining the one piece Slim and the stylus makes a REALLY nice pen, and it does add an element of challenge. I'm still refining my process, and I did finally get tired of making one pieces after a long run.

I've made them without center bands, into desk pens, larger than normal for arthritis sufferers (the most rewarding), with designs, with inlay, with cholla, and a few other design varieties, but overall they are far from being my preferred kits. I am adding the stylus to some Cigar and Patrizio kits this week (hopefully).

I have already figured out the procedure.

Also, combining the one piece Slim and the stylus makes a REALLY nice pen, and it does add an element of challenge. I'm still refining my process, and I did finally get tired of making one pieces after a long run.

I had to reread this. The one thing I've seen that I hadn't tried is the one piece slimline where the front tube is a floater and the blank is over 4" long and one piece. Pressing the stylus tip into the tube might be problematic though... maybe if the rest of the pen were assembled?!

Drstrangefart you have given me an idea!

Going to add it to my to do list for tomorrow.

Last edited:

Drstrangefart

I had to reread this. The one thing I've seen that I hadn't tried is the one piece slimline where the front tube is a floater and the blank is over 4" long and one piece. Pressing the stylus tip into the tube might be problematic though... maybe if the rest of the pen were assembled?!

You wanna set the end down on some leather or something. Pressing the end on while fully assembled makes it REALLY hard to open/close and remove the refill. I'm still working on getting the process down where it isn't problematic. I've worked almost all of the other serious bugs out. Feel free to hit me up if you have questions.

What do you get for your slimline pens?

Plain slimline pens with inexpensive wood I can generally get $25-35 depending on finish and interest of wood. The folks that like slimline pens are wanting to pay for the comfort of light weight and narrow bodies. I might lower my prices but I do not use the cheapest kits available. I don't like what I see in the plating It doesn't look as durable.

The base price for my slimline stylus/pens are $35.

You wanna set the end down on some leather or something. Pressing the end on while fully assembled makes it REALLY hard to open/close and remove the refill. I'm still working on getting the process down where it isn't problematic. I've worked almost all of the other serious bugs out. Feel free to hit me up if you have questions.

I didn't make the one piece slimline. The more I thought about it the more I realized I didn't want to twist on the tip. Instead I made the tip section just over an inch long from Purpleheart and the longer section of the body from an un-identified wood that is yellow and brown striped (REAL SOFT). I also didn't cut the traditional straight body. I will post a picture soon.

Cherie

HI DONOVAN!! When I first saw the stylus in the Craft Supply catalog, I had it in mind to do one. You have taken it to another level, now I really want to try one, but first I must master the single bodies slimline. Do not worry, I have the instructions printed out and have been studying them.
Cya on FB!

HI DONOVAN!! When I first saw the stylus in the Craft Supply catalog, I had it in mind to do one. You have taken it to another level, now I really want to try one, but first I must master the single bodies slimline. Do not worry, I have the instructions printed out and have been studying them.
Cya on FB!

Looking forward to it!

Edward Cypher

Cya on FB!

Are the instructions in the library?? Curious. I like slimlines as my first real pen was a cross that I saved up for working summer jobs. In my 50 now I find the diameter to be challenging but I still like the straight lines.

Cya on FB!

Are the instructions in the library?? Curious. I like slimlines as my first real pen was a cross that I saved up for working summer jobs. In my 50 now I find the diameter to be challenging but I still like the straight lines.

The directions for my preferred style slimline are not in the library but the one piece slimline instructions are.

Attachments

• CIMG4207.jpg
    CIMG4207.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 92
Top Bottom