Slimline Snakewood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from EdwinSSIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwinSSIV

Here is my first snakewood pen with the wood from Darick.
He sent some extra blans with checks or cracks that were not able to be used for one full pen. So I took and cut one section for the barrel and I cut another piece with a crack I could not turn out or design around, cut it and made a herring bone for the cap section.
It is a FP finish because I had a very hard time with the CA finish on it...I wonder if it is the Pentacryl used for satbilizing...this is the third blank I have had a hard time with the finish that was stabilized in this mixture...I had to sand it down to wood twice because the CA would spot and droplets that would not dry even after 10 minutes of waiting.

So here it is...It did crack on both the barrel and the cap while being left on the mandrel over night. You can not see them so not a big deal.
The picture is not the greatest and does not do justice to the subtle herring bone design

200643023542_image0.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Snakewood is snakewood. It's a pain, but it looks like you've got a few replacements coming to you.

EdwinSSIV

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />Pentacryl treated wood needs to be finished with lacquer, oil or shellac. Other finishes typically do not adhere to it.

Sure...now you tell me!!![:p]

Originally posted by Skye
<br />Snakewood is snakewood. It's a pain, but it looks like you've got a few replacements coming to you.
I am not worried about replacements...these were extras that Darick threw into the order...so no loss. [;)]

huntersilver

Nice Pen Edwin,

I made an Emperor from some of the SW from ChitsWood. I used
a laquer friction polish and it turned out well. I will post later.

Again, very nice pen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom