Slimline from Scraps

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mlconnelly

mlconnelly

I had some free time in the shop over the weekend and thought I would try my hand at some segmenting. I had been wanting to give it a shot for a while. I ended up taking some marblewood and cocobolo scraps and separating it with some credit card material. I applied a CA finish then knocked it back a little bit to give it more of a satin finish.

Attachments

• Segmented Slim (5-1-15) 1.jpg
    Segmented Slim (5-1-15) 1.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 251
  • Segmented Slim (5-1-15) 2.jpg
    Segmented Slim (5-1-15) 2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 184
  • Segmented Slim (5-1-15) 3.jpg
    Segmented Slim (5-1-15) 3.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 157
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Gorgeous ! and creative ! .. I guess you sanded the embossing off the credit card before gluing - CA glue ?

So there goes your credit card .... how are you going to buy more pen kits ???? :biggrin:

mlconnelly

Thanks for the positive comments.

I picked areas of the credit card that were not embossed. Then I sanded them lightly so I could get good adherence with the glue (used thick CA).

I think this one was actually an old gift card. Those work well because they are totally flat. I still have the credit card where I can order more materials although my wife probably isn't happy about it.

chartle

Never thought of credit cards. I have a stack of maybe 200 old mag stripe id cards that we no longer use at work. No coating, no embossing.

hornet406

Well done. Never thought of using credit cards either. Just feed all mine to the shredder, dang it!

mlconnelly

Fortunately my wife is not a shopper. She much prefers staying at home and cooking. I am very blessed. Now we know what to do with all of those credit card offers that come in the mail.

mlconnelly

I forgot to include that using a credit card was certainly not original to me. I got the idea from an excellent article written by Don Ward. I read it (and many others of his) several years ago but am just getting around to trying it. Thanks Don for all the great articles and tutorials. They have certainly helped me a lot.

Top Bottom