Slimline Mods

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rkm6460

rkm6460

Really enjoying the modified slimline alternative to a designer or euro pen. Some of my recent creations:

Curly Pyinma - flashing bands

DSC03603_large.JPG

Bird's Eye Maple w/Ebony bands:

DSC03646_large.JPG

Cocobolo w/etched bands:
DSC03647_large.JPG

Carmelized Bamboo w/Ebony bands:
DSC03604_large.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rkm6460

I actually use the regular slimline tube for the bottom barrel, just make the blank a bit longer so there is no tube for about 1/4" on the transmission end. Makes you a bit blind inserting the transmission but just go slow and check the depth frequently. Thanks for the feedback, all!

ghostrider

I actually use the regular slimline tube for the bottom barrel, just make the blank a bit longer so there is no tube for about 1/4" on the transmission end. Makes you a bit blind inserting the transmission but just go slow and check the depth frequently. Thanks for the feedback, all!
I've done that and forgot to reverse paint a couple times. If you look close enough you can see the brass part of the tranny. Lessons learned I suppose.

D.Oliver

Great group of pens. I really like the pyinma with the metal accents. I also really like the bold contrast on the two with the bold black bands.

BarbS

Really enjoying the modified slimline alternative to a designer or euro pen. Some of my recent creations:

Curly Pyinma - flashing bands

DSC03603_large.JPG

Bird's Eye Maple w/Ebony bands:

DSC03646_large.JPG

Cocobolo w/etched bands:
DSC03647_large.JPG

Carmelized Bamboo w/Ebony bands:
DSC03604_large.JPG

Those are Good improvements! Thanks for showing them.

LeeR

Very nice looking slims. I used to buy KC Twist kits from CSUSA. They were a slim without center band. The pictures in the catalog showed kits shaped similar to yours, and I've made several. (Haven't tried putting in bands of other woods, so may have to try that.

The rhodium version of the KC Twist was very reasonably priced. When CSUSA put them on closeout, I waited about an hour to order them after checking their quantity on hand, and when I ordered, all the rhodiums were sold out. Somebody out there liked them alot as well.

Top Bottom