Slimline Extravaganza 1st place entry.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Janster

Janster

My first entry in a IAP contest, this is my story and I'm sticking to it! We were required to build a pen based on a Slimline kit and this was my entry! The upper is Alumilite from BSea (Bob) and and the lower is PR from Jonanthan Brooks.. The lower barrel is somewhat longer than normal and the upper barrel was turned larger than normal too. This gives the pen a more elegant look IMO. The lower barrel supports a segmented Brass band to tie in well with the upper barrel's bottom built in center band,also Brass, and this co-ordinates with the custom final. The Brass finial houses a co-ordinating Yin & Yang earring fitted within. Note too, the hidden clip that was powder coated white which opposes the Black nib." I was fortunate enough to win this contest and I wish to congratulate all the entrants and give thanks to everyone involved in the Extravaganza. Special thanks to the Chairman, Derrick, although he was somewhat "shy" about promoting the event. Also thanks to IAP in general, the folks that voted for my work and also to the sponsors for their donations. Be well and again, my sincere thanks...Jan

Attachments

• DSC_0102.jpg
    DSC_0102.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 307
  • DSC_0100.JPG
    DSC_0100.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 246
  • DSC_0098.jpg
    DSC_0098.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 211
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
A very well deserved win !!

When I see the entries to contests these days, compared to a few years ago, I'm astounded by the level in craftmanship and how far advanced so many people are.
Work these days has to be exceptional just to make it in the running and to actually win takes something pretty special.

Again, very well done to you and your other fellow contestants.:biggrin:

Janster

......Wow.....an atta boy from the Rat! Thanks so much, you carry a lot of weight in my opinion, as well as a bunch of other folks. Thanks EVERYONE for your kind and timely compliments. Let's not all forget about the sponsors and chairmen and the fine folks who donated prizes! Again, my sincere thanks..... Jan

OZturner

Jan, Congratulations on a Magnificent Pen.
Love the Black & White, the Ying and Yang Finial, the Black Nib, and the White Clip.
Superb Concept, Design, and Execution.
A Well and Worthy Winner.
Brian.

Top Bottom