A slimline by any other cut

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jjartwood

Jjartwood

although I LOVE selling the high end pens my bread and butter is the slims and the JR's so when I need a push to fill the cases at a show( The New England show season is short) it is not unusual to book several shows in as many weeks.I find this a great go to slimline cut.
When you have to turn several pieces an hour and don't want to spend alot of time polishing I love this pen.
Mark

Attachments

• IMG_0695.jpg
    IMG_0695.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_0696.jpg
    IMG_0696.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 309
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jjartwood

Yes aluminum is pretty easy to work with and will take several different finishes well
I always hold a couple back so as not to have a bunch in the cases but as soon as one goes another is in. If I have to make 10 pens at least a couple will be aluminum for the time savings.
Regular slim $30, aluminum slim $45, just kind of makes sense to have a few on hand

Jjartwood

The aluminum is T61 and can be worked with wood tools I stick with the gouges until it's time to finess the piece than I use very little skew and switch over to a fine file and then to paper starting with 150 going to 600 and use aluminum mag wheel polish if I want a chrome like shine,the bar stock can be purchased at Home Depot in 1/2"
Drill with care use oil when drilling,I clean the blanks with carb cleaner before inserting the tube.USE THE TUBE! if you try to build the pen without brass tubes you will loose the
( crush ) expansion when pressing the stuff together and distort the aluminum .

Top Bottom