Slimline Acrylic - Amethyst Color

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Waluy

Waluy

Nothing special but being only my second pen ever (and only the 4th thing I have ever turned) I am extremely proud of it, at least for the moment :rolleyes:. Any critiques on how I could improve are always welcome.

Attachments

• Pen 001.jpg
    Pen 001.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 177
  • Pen 002.jpg
    Pen 002.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 164
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

Looking great for an early effort, so keep on turnin' an' learnin'. You will find that many do not prefer the "Puffed" style you have chosen to use, but that style is a matter of personal choice. As you turn more you choices may change, but keep concentrating on the quality of your work, and you will likely derive great satisfaction along the way. Also, the more you like it, the more broke you may be...but don't worry about that. It doesn't matter:rolleyes:
Steve

Twissy

Very much as Steve says, and for my taste they are a bit too bulbous. You are very brave starting off with acrylic! A suggestion when using acrylic is to paint inside the barrel after drilling to stop the brass tube showing through.
Fantastic early start...looking forward to seeing more.

Waluy

Thanks for the great replies. :biggrin:

Looking great for an early effort, so keep on turnin' an' learnin'. You will find that many do not prefer the "Puffed" style you have chosen to use, but that style is a matter of personal choice.

Yeah I have had lots of people tell me it feels to big for them but as I have big fat hands I went with that on my personal pens, it makes using them all day less tiresome on my hands.

Twissy said:
You are very brave starting off with acrylic! A suggestion when using acrylic is to paint inside the barrel after drilling to stop the brass tube showing through.

Well the first thing I turned was a pine candle stick holder, then a red oak ice cream scoop, followed by my first acrylic pen (which took me 3 blanks to make) and then this one. And I saw the suggestion about painting the tubes on an article after I had already glued them in LOL.

Top Bottom