Slimline with a "Lip"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gerberpens

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerberpens

I have seen many pens with this "lip" at the end, so I decided to make one out of bubinga. It does help with holding the pen while you write. My question is "Do your customers (or those you give your pens to as gifts) prefer this style?" Just curious. Thanks for looking.

20053161011_Slim%20Bubinga.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Gary, First and foremost, very nice pen. My former boss would only buy a pen if I put a "lip" on it. It is a shame that he transferred to South Dakota, and I transferred to Pennsylvania, I miss the money he spent! I seem to find that men prefer a contoured tip more than women. My $0.02, for what it is worth.

wicook

I've had mixed reactions. Some like a bit of contour at the tip...others want a slimmer profile. I do find, however, that most people I deal with seem to prefer slimlines with a bit more substance than the straight barrel...but don't want the wasp waist...so...I started making chubby slimlines and they've been well received (see http://tinyurl.com/54zs4 for an example). To each his own.

Rifleman1776

Gee! I thought I had invented the 'lip' [:p] . Actually, I started using it because I like to leave as much wood as possible on a pen, after all, it is the wood that gives a handmade anything it's real beauty. But, big, bulbous pens are hard to hold and write with for many. In fact, a personal pen was not pleasant to write with for my hands. After I bought a pen dissasembler tool I returned it with a narrow spot for my fingers and a 'lip' for comfort. Like it much better now.

dougle40

I've been making pens with a lip on them for about 5 years now and most people seem to like the fact that it stops the hand from sliding down the pen .
I always make them in different sizes (thicknesses) for those with small hands and those with a larger hand .
The Purpleheart is made for a small hand and the Cocobolo one is for a larger hand . This gives them some different options when choosing a pen .

200531651322_PENS%20011-1%20sm.jpg
<br />

200531651354_PENS%20015-1%20sm.jpg
<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom