Slim set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Monty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
About a month ago I had posted looking for a slim style twist pencil. All the twist styles were to thick for the customer. Here is what he went with. Platinum slim line pen & pencil in african blackwood.

2007322163922_IM000032.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Mannie: So which company did you buy those kits from? Is the pencil a standard kit mechanism or did you use a Pentel brand mechanism?? Some of the kit pencil mechanisms have a rep for being unreliable. Hope you have good luck with yours.

its_virgil

Yes, in the next issue of More Woodturning. I do a feature in the magazine each month and the next issuse is a matching pen and pencil set and the pencil is a one piece barrel. I have been writing articles on modifying slimlines since the Dec '06 issue. Here is a link to the last issue: http://www.fholder.com/Woodturning/sample.pdf

Basically, the pencil uses a long one piece tube equal in length to the two tubes plus the CB/coupler. Or, the two tubes can be pressed onto the CB/coupler and the CB ground down to the same OD as the tubes whick makes a longer one piece tube. Once the blank is turned, assembly is the same as usual (almost but pretty straight forward).
Do a good turn daily!
don
Originally posted by ligget
<br />Lovely work, I like that style too.
Is there instructions on how to make this "one piece" style?[:p]

Ozzy

Nice looking pen/pencil set.

Originally posted by ligget
<br />Lovely work, I like that style too.
Is there instructions on how to make this "one piece" style?[:p]

The way I make the one piece pencil is cut a 7mm tube 4" long and that eliminates the center band on the pencil. This is how I make all of my pencils, unless customer orders it with a center band.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Originally posted by Randy_
<br />Mannie: So which company did you buy those kits from? Is the pencil a standard kit mechanism or did you use a Pentel brand mechanism?? Some of the kit pencil mechanisms have a rep for being unreliable. Hope you have good luck with yours.

The pencil is a platinum from CSUSA. We'll have to see how well it holds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom