slightly modified Jr StatesmanII

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Trapshooter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapshooter

I liked the two tone nib of the ti Jr Gent better than the one on the Jr Statesman, so I pulled them apart and here it is. Stabalized cherry Burl from BB with my second successful CA finish.
PS - my medium and thick CA dry real slow, can't touch it until next day. I bought it a little over a year ago. Is it possible it is too old? My workshop is dry and stays heated to around 65degrees, 80 when I am in there (kerosene salamander heater). Thanks for looking,

2006232596_101_0516-2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ravenbsp

Very nice looking pen and an excellent choice of wood and plating. I like the congruity between the nib and the end-cap.

As far as the slow CA cure time, you can get an accelerant that speeds up cure time to a few seconds. That said, 24 hours does seema bit too long. How thick of an initial layer do you apply?

Great Work!

Bryan Poe
Houston, TX

thetalbott4

You will be amazed at how much difference fresh CA will make. I had the same problem, got a new bottle and stuck myself to everything in site. The thick still takes longer to cure than the thin by quite a bit, but fresh is the way to go. Accelerant can cloud the CA slightly, so try it out first.

Beautiful job on the pen. Fit and finish are great. Photography is also excellent.

Ron Mc

Scott,
Very nice choice of wood, kit and finish! I like your idea of the modification as well.
BTW, Keep your CA in the refrig. It will help keep it fresh longer.

DWK5150

Very nice finish cane out great. As for it drying slow I would say your CA is to old. I dont recomend using a accelerator tough cause it can cloud the finish.

woodpens

Beautiful job, Scott! That is one sweet pen. I agree that CA that is over a year old should probably be tossed. I can tell a difference in thickness in my CA over several months. If you choose to use accelerator, use a mild one sparingly. You don't need much.

Mikey

Wow! that does look really nice. Great burl and even better picture taking. A winner for sure.Oh, and I could wait 24 hours if my finishes came out like that.[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom