Sliced Merlot Lucite Custom FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I made this pen a couple of months ago, but it had some design flaws in it(pointed out by some friends) The body was too long for one thing. So, I fixed it. The material is Merlot Lucite (as the title says) from IPD, as well as the nib. I sliced the blanks into pieces, then rotated each one, and glued them together with Medium CA. The nib is a Semi-flex Heritance. Finial and bands are brass. As always, thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_1253.JPG
    IMG_1253.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_1254.JPG
    IMG_1254.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_1255.JPG
    IMG_1255.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_1256.JPG
    IMG_1256.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 184
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Jason. Yes, I did make a blue one, and another red one. There will be another blue one coming soon. Gotta get more nibs. :redface:

drgoretex

Oof. That's just beautiful. It doesn't get any better than that. It would look very much at home sitting with my Pelikans!

Ken

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Very nice looking!
Thanks Billy

Nice job Chuck. I especially like the finial treatment, that's sharp.

Mike
Thanks Mike. I kind of stumbled into this one, but it didn't hurt too badly.

Oof. That's just beautiful. It doesn't get any better than that. It would look very much at home sitting with my Pelikans!

Ken
Thanks Ken. Certainly not front page worthy, and better photos would help. We can arrange for you to have it. :biggrin: I really like the Pelikans.

This is my favorite pen I have seen on this site. The color, style, and all around package is spectacular. I strive to make a pen of this quality one day.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Awesome work Chuck. I'm not a big ran of red but that does go together nicely.
Thanks Lupe. I'm glad you've made an exception for this one :biggrin:

This is my favorite pen I have seen on this site. The color, style, and all around package is spectacular. I strive to make a pen of this quality one day.
Thank you David. Just jump in, and start making one. :biggrin:

SDB777

Really like how you incorporated the black accent pieces onto the blank with the brass rings. Body looks fine....too long? As long as it balances okay, I'd think any length would work.

Scott (nice coloring too) B

Top Bottom