Slice and Dice Big Ben

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bpgoldo

bpgoldo

I still like the Big Ben pen kit cuz it offers some meat and muscle to sculpt into complex shapes in a reasonable sized body. The bold black bands define whatever I do in between, with a bold visual stop. I get requests for "anything with Turquoise in it" a lot, so I try use as much as I can get away with and then enhance the curves on the lathe. And this is what ends up happening. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and sometimes it ends up smokin'. I am still liking this piece that got built almost two years ago. It's an older design that kind of shows the evolution of my eye in creating these little pieces of wood and stone art. Thanks for lookin' guys.

Attachments

• BIG BEN - Waterfall 99.7kb.jpg
    BIG BEN - Waterfall 99.7kb.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 337
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bpgoldo

Greg, "TruStone" it is! Wish it and all the other TruStones hadn't suddenly become more expensive than gold...and in some cases harder to find. I think there is an opportunity for someone who comes up with a reasonable alternate to build a good business. Nice stuff, gonna miss it. Thanks for your post, it's great to chat with a friend here.

SteveAxelrod

Wow, so many great elements to this well crafted pen. I especially like the contours of the body and the segmenting is first rate. That's a keeper!

Kenny Durrant

Great Looking Pen. I like the shape of the top. I've made several cigars in the last few months and made them the standard way. I'm thinking with the transition of the diameters toward the bottom that gave a bigger gap at the top so when you carry it in your pocket it won't put stress on the clip. That eventually bends the clip where it's no longer functional. I think I'll give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

bpgoldo

Kenny, thanks so much for your thoughts. I came to the same conclusions long ago. A straight cut sometimes ignores the opportunity for a more organic shape and statement. Also it pinches at the clip. Hate the pinches.

Top Bottom