The Sled Works !!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BKelley

BKelley

Several days ago I posted a pic of a sled for my band saw. I made it in an effort to help me make a Celtic Knot. I promised photos if it worked. The attached photo is evidence of the sleds capabilities. I need to do some slight tweeking. The saw blade kerf is just a little over the thickness of my fibre spacers. I think this can be fixed with different saw blade. Comments??

Ben

Attachments

• P1012022.jpg
    P1012022.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 359
  • Celtic Knot III.jpg
    Celtic Knot III.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 374
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I LOVE that pen !!! . And, as you know, I am going to make one of those sleds !!

The photograph is spectacular, IMO !!! Great work all around !!!!!

Rink

do you think you may make multiple sleds for different angles? Or devise some way to rotate it?

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
If you use spark plug gap spacers along with the wood spacer, you can alter (increase) the width of the cut by fractions!

Beautiful pen as well as pic!

TonyL

well done! It also resembles an atomic/nuclear power design. Nicely matched too!

studioseven

Beautiful pen but there seems to be something wrong with your shop. It's too clean. I have dust, shavings, and cobwebs scattered all over mine. Do you need some?

Seven

jttheclockman

Ben I think you just need to adjust your inlay material. Finding a thinner blade will be difficult if not impossible. Unless you are using a carbide resaw blade then I do not see it. The sled has potential and that is a good start. Good luck with future projects.

Top Bottom