Skippies Revenge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BradG

BradG

Stevie has been kind enough to send me this Mr & Mrs pair of classy stainless steel twist pens and they're fantastic :biggrin:

I know how challenging it is to polish stainless and i can tell you that viewing past my poor photography they shine like mirrors.

Jens extremly pleased with hers, she picked the one with the circles on it (care to share some more info on this tricky effect? :wink: )

Mine is sitting proudly within my collection, next to Doc's who was kind enough to send me one of his too.

Thanks Steve, they will both be cherished.
(Steve please feel free to post a pro pic of these to do them justice lol)

Attachments

• pair.jpg
    pair.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 410
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 319
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

WOW! You two are just showing off now!

If you feel the need to continue to show off I can send you my address:biggrin:

Last edited:

jyreene

Stevie has been kind enough to send me this Mr & Mrs pair of classy stainless steel twist pens and they're fantastic :biggrin:

I know how challenging it is to polish stainless and i can tell you that viewing past my poor photography they shine like mirrors.

Jens extremly pleased with hers, she picked the one with the circles on it (care to share some more info on this tricky effect? :wink: )

Mine is sitting proudly within my collection, next to Doc's who was kind enough to send me one of his too.

Thanks Steve, they will both be cherished.
(Steve please feel free to post a pro pic of these to do them justice lol)

Looks awesome. I don't know if it would be the same technique but about 15 years ago my auto shop class visited the automobile museum in Reno and one of the restoration techs there taught us to use a rubber (possible abrasive possibly eraser) and hook it up to a drill or do it by hand and spin the eraser. He overlapped it and it left a nice pattern that looked like that. Of course that was on a steel or aluminum dash board so there was a lot more room to work.

Russknan

To quote Wayne's World: "We're not worthy!" You two haven't simply set the bar very high, you've created a whole new bar! Thanks for the inspiration for us mere mortals. I'm truly in awe. Russ

D.Oliver

To quote Wayne's World: "We're not worthy!" You two haven't simply set the bar very high, you've created a whole new bar! Thanks for the inspiration for us mere mortals. I'm truly in awe. Russ

I haven't seen this bar but I"m guessing that it's made from stainless and has fancy etching!

ohiococonut

Nice Pens!

Not to be a spoil sport but that tricky effect is know as jeweling. It's used on rifle bolts and actually serves a purpose. It's designed to hold lubricant and it aids in hiding scratches. You can buy the rotating jig and wire brush online.

Waluy

Not sure how yours was done but I have created similar effects with a wire brush or sanding disk in a grinder (I was working on a full size table). You hold the grinder at an angle so only one edge touches and work your way down. Sanding disk tended to create a smoother feeling that you almost couldn't feel where as the wire brush actually left ridges. But again mine was on a stainless steel welding bench that the "customer" (it was really my boss, done on company time for company use) wanted pretty and functional.

Top Bottom