Skip inspired bolt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gwilki

gwilki

We don't have "skips" in my neighbourhood. We have dumpsters, and they don't contain neat stuff like stainless bolts. And, the last time that I tried to do anything with a piece of stainless steel, I learned how inadequate my pricey drill bits were.

So, I went with aluminum (or aluminium for the Skiprats reading this). This started as a piece of 3/4" hex aluminum rod and a piece of 1/2" round aluminum rod. It's a standard rollerball (although I found that there does not seem to be a "standard" refill in terms of diameters and steps). It's about 5" long over all and 1/2" diameter.

If nothing else, it gave me a whole new appreciation for Skip's abilities.

Attachments

• closed 1.jpg
    closed 1.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 355
  • open 1.jpg
    open 1.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 464
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Well done Grant!!! You made a fantastic job of that in my opinion.
Of all the pens I've made, the ones I get the most requests to make are Bolt Pens. As I'm not into making pens for sale, I refuse them, but now I know who's name to give instead!!:biggrin:

Again, well done. You will find they addictive, but keep your first one for yourself!!:biggrin:

plantman

:RockOn: Grant; Excellent craftsmanship !! I would not want to lay this down on my work bench, I would never find it amoung the rest of the bolts !! Peace !! Jim S

firewhatfire

those look fun, makes me wish I had a little metal llathe to play on. Guess I will have to add that to my list of things I dont have room for in my shop but want anyway.

gwilki

Tks much to you all for your very kind words.

Skip: I don't sell anything, either, so kindly take care of your customers yourself. :)

I don't want to spoil anyone's Christmas wish list, but I did this on a Jet mini with wood tools. I won't tell Santa Claus if you don't, though.

firewhatfire

well I got one of those jet mini lathes, now I just gotta go out and figure the rest out for myself I guess.

Thanks for making me want to push my envelope.

Phil

Tks much to you all for your very kind words.

Skip: I don't sell anything, either, so kindly take care of your customers yourself. :)

I don't want to spoil anyone's Christmas wish list, but I did this on a Jet mini with wood tools. I won't tell Santa Claus if you don't, though.

Top Bottom