Skinny Titanium and Stainless RB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I don't think custom pens get more basic than this, but I do think it has a little elegance about it.:wink: At 10mm max OD, and a nib diameter of only 7.5mm, it's pretty skinny. Titamium body and cap, stainless steel nib and finials and a recessed chrome slimline clip.
It only took a couple of hours to make and only a couple of seconds for my better half to claim !!:biggrin:

Hope you like it too....:)

PS...this pen making malarky is quite addictive, isn't it??:biggrin:

Attachments

• DSCF1753.JPG
    DSCF1753.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 453
  • DSCF1755.JPG
    DSCF1755.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 512
  • DSCF1760.JPG
    DSCF1760.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 489
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
sleek and beautiful as ever Steve.. The pen not you.....:biggrin:

:tongue: LMAO !!! Mike, it's a lttle worrying that you felt you needed to qualify your statement!!! If you ever get the misfortune to meet me, you will find that 'sleek' and 'beautiful' wouldn't be the first words to jump to your mind!! :biggrin:

walshjp17

It's amazing how something so simple can actually be so sophisticated. Well done, sir. I now have metal lathe envy!!:biggrin::hypnotized:

MikeL

Makes me want to transition into those kind of pens but I think I'll leave that up to you guys that already know how to do it! Looks like another set of skills that would take a while to perfect. I think you have perfected it.

Jgrden

Sheesh, I made a Titanium pen and it sure as heck did not look that good. I lost 6 chisels and it took a week. The hotter that stuff got, the harder it got. Likes to spark. I kept my chisels in a bucket of ice water and held an ice cube under the metal as I turned it. Therefore, I have a great appreciation for someone who knows how to do it and has the right equipment. Oh, I did fire it and it turned great colors. It does not write any better than any other pen in my inventory.

yort81

Steven..... PLEASE educate me a little on cutting Titanium.... and even more importantly.... how and what did you do to cut the threads in the Titanium :)

Top Bottom