Skewed Water Pipe Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

I want to say thanks to ED for his dirty movie, I used the information that he passed on about using the skew and I turned this Water pipe pen from start to finish with only the skew. I got two pieces of water pipe from Dan the other day to try out and this is what I came up with. It's Blue and Green water pipe with black and white pick-guard on a black chrome cigar. I made it for one of our local construction company's foreman, I stopped at their Main Yard and he gave an 8' piece of pipe that is about 12" in diameter. It has been sanded to 600, then MM to 12,000.
Any Comments Welcome, and Thanks for looking. :rolleyes::biggrin::rolleyes:

Attachments

• pipe 021.jpg
    pipe 021.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 307
  • pipe 026.jpg
    pipe 026.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 214
  • pipe 031.jpg
    pipe 031.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 184
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gvanweerd

Very Nice. it really looks good on the black chrome i'm still getting use to the skew. i'm using it on every pen i make. But not start to finnish. an other GOOD JOB! to you Mike.

gebx

good job mike, what size diameter pipe was it, some more information on how that works, is the thickness of the pipe 1/2 to 3/4 inches thick?

RAdams

Banned
I had a piece of the turquoise colored stuff. very difficult to work with. Couldn't get it to work out near as good as yours! Nice pen for sure!

maxman400

good job mike, what size diameter pipe was it, some more information on how that works, is the thickness of the pipe 1/2 to 3/4 inches thick?
The Pipe is 12" in diameter and it is 3/4" thick. The skew did a really good job at making it smooth, I started sanding at 320 (wet) This took the most time because being plastic it does not sand well, but the 320 smooths it out. Then I used 400, 600. 1000 and 1500 then MM.

Bree

Cool! I have some of that pickguard and have been jonesing to use it. Maybe you will inspire me!
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

bruce119

Nice job segmenting the blue and the green pipe. I got a ton of that pipe blue, green & purple. I find it turns very easy a little too easy probably. I use the point or corner of the skew like a metal lathe tool bit would. Works great and the stuff polishes very nice.

I like the pickgaurd it breaks up the pastels of the blue & green just rite.

maxman400

Thanks Every one for the great comments, If any one knows where I can get other colors, I am Interested in getting a few blanks.
Thanks Max.

RHossack

I want to say thanks to ED for his dirty movie, I used the information that he passed on about using the skew and I turned this Water pipe pen from start to finish with only the skew. I got two pieces of water pipe from Dan the other day to try out and this is what I came up with. It's Blue and Green water pipe with black and white pick-guard on a black chrome cigar. I made it for one of our local construction company's foreman, I stopped at their Main Yard and he gave an 8' piece of pipe that is about 12" in diameter. It has been sanded to 600, then MM to 12,000.
Any Comments Welcome, and Thanks for looking. :rolleyes::biggrin::rolleyes:
I like that! Nice :good: :good:

I need to find that video (which Ed?) so I can figure out what to do with that skew that sits in a hole on my lathe bench :biggrin:

Top Bottom